topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Illumination Software Creator - Name your own price offer  (Read 4512 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Illumination Software Creator - Name your own price offer
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:09 PM »
There's a very limited time offer from Radical Breeze on their Illumination Software Creator. You can name your own price starting at $5. Offer page is here.

If you're not up on Illumination, here's what it is and does:

Intro

Illumination Software Creator allows anyone to create their own software applications… without writing a single line of “code”.

The idea is simple: Arrange colorful building blocks of functionality however you like to create your own, unique, piece of software.

No reading large computer programming books.  No steep learning curve.

One project creates apps for Android, iPhone, iPad, Desktops and HTML5 or Flash websites.

With full support for Windows, Linux and MacOS X, Illumination Software Creator allows you to work wherever you like.  We won’t judge.

And, once you’ve created your new piece of software, you can (with a single click) build and run that new application on Windows, Linux or MacOS X desktops, Android devices, Nokia Internet Tablets (such as the N900)… and even as HTML5 or Flash powered rich websites.

Warning!  Nerd information ahead!

Illumination even gives you the full Adobe Flex, Android Java, iOS Obj-C and Python source code to the projects you create.

Here's what it looks like: isc3t2s3.pngIllumination Software Creator - Name your own price offer

I've played with it a bit and was surprised to discover it's quite powerful and not at all the programming toy it's appearance might lead you to believe. And studying the generated Python code (which is one of the few languages I'm fairly conversant with) gto me thinking in different ways about how I could better code my own Python projects.

Very cool little programming tool. And at $5, it's a steal even if you only get it to play with. 8)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Illumination Software Creator - Name your own price offer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38 AM »
Very cool little programming tool. And at $5, it's a steal even if you only get it to play with. 8)
I've looked at it before, but found the price at that time a bit too much. Now it's quite affordable, so I'm in :D

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Thanks for the tip, 40hz.

It's worth a few bucks simply to play with it for a while...

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:57 PM »
Looks pretty cool.  Can you compile normal "stand-alone" Windows EXEs though?
I tried to check out the sample apps, but they are ISC files--which presumably requires that Illumination Software Creator be installed to run the apps.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Can you compile normal "stand-alone" Windows EXEs though?
Ehm, it does 'HTML 5 webapps', so you'd have to run it in a browser capable of that. Most of it is probably some form of web-page script besides HTML 5, so no (local) webserver needed.

but they are ISC files
That's the project files the applications are generated from. Open it using Illumination, and generate the desired (platform) output from it.