ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Drag Drop URL or Paste to save target to predefined destination

<< < (2/5) > >>

shmuel1:
I made the attached program using AutoIt. I attached the EXE and the source code file (AU3) inside the zip file. If you install AutoIt, you can run the program by double-clicking the AU3 file. (The advantage of doing it this way is that you can edit it yourself.)

To use this program, double-click the EXE. It runs in the background.
When you want to save a webpage, first copy a URL then press the shortcut key: CTRL+WindowsKey+S
Select the output format and click OK. (The default format is Webpage Complete.)
Webpages are saved to a folder on your desktop.

In Internet Explorer 9, you can copy a URL by right-clicking a link, then selecting "Copy shortcut." So if you use Internet Explorer, you would first right-click a link, select "Copy shortcut," then press CTRL+WindowsKey+S.

If you want a different shortcut key or other changes, let me know. One option is to have a separate shortcut key for each output format, Webpage Complete and MHT.

I didn't add the feature of automatically changing the file name if there are duplicates. First try it as is and let me know if you like it.

You can put the program in your Windows Startup folder and it will run when Windows starts up.

magician62:
Have AutoIt installed now :)

Not sure if its a bug, but  "\Saved Webpages\" does not get created.

I also tried putting the full path in, but to no avail

Could it be because I am using Win7-64 ?

Could it be because I use IE9-x64 and IE9-x86

Could it be I am missing something ? :)

shmuel1:
I have the same system as you, Win7-64.
On Win7-64 you have to do the following:
- Right-click AutoIt3.exe (located at C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe) and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click the checkbox next to Run this program in compatibility mode for, then select Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
Try it again and let me know if it works.

magician62:
Nothing obvious:(

What I am seeing is a window position shift on Ctrl+Win+S similar to what you get when dragging the URL icon to desktop,

No save folder is being created, and when manually created still nothing appears to be saved

magician62:
OK figured it. The key combination was already in use!

Now if only there was a utility to say what combinations were in use already....Google...ActiveHotkeys....Donationcoder.... :)
The installer didn't work, but the portable version definitely did :)

I have only run a handfull of tests, but will take a further look this evening. Of the links I tried to save 50% were pages unable to be saved, but I got the 50% that could :)

The one improvement I can see so far would be auto closing the new tab after save

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version