Problem: Searching inside of Open Document files.
Goal: Search through .odt-files, specified by the user and look for string(s) specified by the user and list matching ones.
Does anybody know a tool that's capable of doing that? (o3find, worked but only with old binary files)
In the case it does not exist (at least I was not able to find something useful) I included information, so one might be able to code something.
Don't treat it as request!
- Ability to search through Open Document Text files (.odt)
- Handle multiple files at once
- Support all Open Document Files
- Support M$ Documents, txt files
- Support RegEx
- be an plugin for FARR
- Tell the user which files are encrypted and therefor could not be searched
Open Document files are zipped and therefore ignored. The tool therefor needs to unpack the files and be able to read the contents of the content.xml
I don't think it has to parse the XML.