ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

@mouser, I have a small quibble about your donation system ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

kyrathaba:
Does the site automatically redirect you to your profile page, and to the Donations info, when you make a donation? If not, maybe a messageBox dialog could pop-up, asking if you'd like to be taken there.

barney:
OK, maybe I don't have hoof-in-mouth  :-\.  The profile shows credits donated, but not an acknowledgement they were received.  I don't mean to be horsey about this, but I'd like to see something indicating that epluribus received those credits, regardless of any response, or lack thereof, from epluribus.  There will always be glitches, whether human or software, and it would be nice to have some reassurance that the donee actually received the donation.  I know I made it, I just want to know that it was received  :P.  Well, and also a reaffirmation that I sent it where it was meant to go  :-\.  If I got fat-fingered, I could have sent to the wrong person.  I'd not rescind that, of course, but I might need to resend it (cranioscopical, don't you dare  :D), paying a bit more attention to where it was sent (see former comment in re old minds  :P).

[Hee-hee, spell check wanted to change hoof-in-mouth to hafnium  :P.]

Stoic Joker:
So something along the lines of Outlook's (optional) delivery and/or read receipts?

barney:
Yeah, you got the concept  :).  I don't expect anyone to offer a personal comment, just wanna know they got the damned thing - and in the process know that I didn't screw up by hitting the wrong button - not that that's likely, of course  :down: - just a kind of validation/insurance that is system-generated, not dependent upon human frailties (i.e. not dependent upon another [possible] old mind  :P :-* :P).

techidave:
So something along the lines of Outlook's (optional) delivery and/or read receipts?
-Stoic Joker (February 27, 2012, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

SJ, you took the words right out of my mouth!   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version