ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

@mouser, I have a small quibble about your donation system ...

(1/4) > >>

barney:
OK, nothing serious.  Just a minor complaint.  I don't mind making donations for software I use - been doing it for years in several venues - but I like to see acknowledgement that those donations were received.  (That's not an accusation.)

Let's say I make a donation to epluribus.  I specify the amount, click all the right buttons, and the donation is acknowledged as being upon its way.  Hey, all to the good, right?

Except ...

There's no system acknowledgement that the donation was received.

Yeah, there's usually an acknowledgement by the recipient.  But maybe the recipient is on a two (2) week vacation, or perhaps super busy with some project, or maybe just doesn't like me and want to talk to me.

But, while there's a system acknowledgement that a donation was sent, there's no system acknowledgement (that I've seen, anyway) that the donee received the donation.

Is that something that might be worth a few brain cells, or am I just insecure/ignorant?

Ath:
+1

But IMHO the confirmation should be made/sent only after it's opened/read by the recipient :up:

mouser:
What can I say -- you are right, I will fix it.

What happens is this -- when someone makes a donation via paypal or amazon, i get an email and i respond to that thanking them.

When someone sends donationcredits to another user, like me through the forum -- I also always of course send an acknowledge message and thank you through the forum.

BUT.. When someone (like you) sends some donationcredits to the "site forum account" -- i don't see that message -- no human does.  Which means it never gets replied to.  This is what you are talking about.  The reason you don't get a reply is because no real person is logged into that forum account.  But it's really unacceptable not to have it acknowledged personally.  I will fix.  My apologies.

wraith808:
This is what you are talking about.
-mouser (February 27, 2012, 05:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

From reading and re-reading his post, I don't think this is what he's talking about.  I think he's talking about a system acknowledgement when a donation is successfully received at all, i.e. if the person donated to does not send a response, the donator would still receive something when the donation was claimed.

kyrathaba:
But it's really unacceptable not to have it acknowledged personally.  I will fix.  My apologies.
--- End quote ---

I agree with wraith that the OP had a broader intent, but this is one of the things I admire about mouser. He's always appreciative of any comment that will lead to an improvement in the site, and always very responsive. That's always been my experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version