ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New FARR wiki: BookOnAStick

<< < (2/2)

40hz:
@oblivion - have you tried getting it to work with Zim Desktop Wiki or WikiPad?

Both work similarly to WOAS in that there's no database. Just plain text files storing the information plus markup. And both are open source so you can get at the underlying code.
 :)

wraith808:
^ Thanks for the heads up on Zim Desktop Wiki.  Looks like it might be an addition to my toolset!  :Thmbsup:

oblivion:
@oblivion - have you tried getting it to work with Zim Desktop Wiki or WikiPad?

Both work similarly to WOAS in that there's no database. Just plain text files storing the information plus markup. And both are open source so you can get at the underlying code.
 :)
-40hz (February 29, 2012, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've used WikidPad, Zim's new to me.

BOAS, for all its limitations, is interesting because it's not an application, it's a document that's rendered by the browser capabilities of FARR. I don't think I can make either of those applications run inside FARR because, effectively, they look like they HAVE to be external applications. So there's nothing to stop FARR from invoking them in the same way that FARR invokes any other application, but for sheer speed, the inbuilt wikis are going to tend to outperform other applications.

The other thing I like about BOAS is it's got specific stuff -- structures, links -- that makes it of specific interest to writers (or wannabe writers!)

I'll play with Zim, though -- it looks interesting (and helpfully available for multiple platforms!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version