ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox and LastPass problems

<< < (4/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Interesting - actually one of the workarounds that works (at least mostly) is to a have a single Homepage tab (preferably blank) and use a bookmark button to launch the home pages.

I don't really want to swap from LastPass - I like it a lot and it works for apps as well as webpages - which is really handy.

iphigenie:
Interesting - I dont have any autologon on the sites i have set to preopen in firefox, that might be why I don't see the bugs

For bookmark sets, I use the speed dial extension. I tend to mostly use it as a lazy bookmark set but it can also be used to open a whole set at once

MilesAhead:
Interesting - actually one of the workarounds that works (at least mostly) is to a have a single Homepage tab (preferably blank) and use a bookmark button to launch the home pages.

I don't really want to swap from LastPass - I like it a lot and it works for apps as well as webpages - which is really handy.
-Carol Haynes (February 27, 2012, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's written in AHK_L. I added the source files to the zip and just uploaded. If you want to add features the easiest way may be to add buttons to the Gui.

I believe the currently supported browsers are Chromium based, Firefox, Opera, and MaxThon. I'm not sure if I killed off IE due to bugs where it insists on opening new pages in a new window even if set to open in a new tab. It's an IE issue in their bug list.

If Firefox doesn't work check the class name with a spy tool. A newer version may have a different window class name.  But that's only for hitting the hotkey on the active window. The default browser should work as long as it will open new pages in new tabs when run on the command line.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - I will give URLpack a try.

Update: Tried it and it works nicely.

Just on thing - I don't like the gather function. I keep some URLS on my desktop and I don't want them deleted from the desktop or added to a pack. Simplest way to do what you want it to create a shortcut on the desktop to URLpack (you could use desktop.ini and an icon to make it a distinctive shortcut) and just drop browser icons directly onto that shortcut. That way you don't create extra desktop icons and you don't delete irrelevant ones.

MilesAhead:
You have the source so such mods should be easy. It works well for my purposes as I try to avoid desktop icons. Feel free to modify to your own preferences. :)

One reason I decided against the drop target approach is not all browsers let you drag from the addressbar to get a url shortcut. That's why if you look in the source there's 2 places it looks in the .url file for the url.  Probably IE based that's different but I don't remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version