ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox and LastPass problems

(1/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I really liked Firefox but I have moved over to Chrome () almost exclusively now because of Firefox startup problems.

The trouble is I miss some features in Firefox and the extensions I was using and I prefer not to have all my web traffic tracked by Google!

The problem is that when I click on Firefox it loads quickly enough with my usual 6 tabs but then the tabs stop loading for about 30-40 seconds, I get an error that LastPass can't connect to its server (not actually true it is just the delay starting up giving a false error). Finally when it loads it works fine but it is really annoying that I have to wait everytime I open FF.

Leaving it running in the tray would, I suppose, solve the problem but I don't want it running all the time.

I have reported this issue with LastPass a number of times to LP support and they have helped sometimes - usually with non-binary test builds - but the issue always returns when LP updates to a new version. It isn't PC specific, it happens on all the computers attached to my network (currently 5).

This problem stops if I disable LastPass and it doesn't seem to affect other browsers at all.

Any one else experiencing this or have a solution?

cmpm:
Yes, same here, get the yellow bar saying it can't connect and you are in offline mode with LastPass.
Sometimes it only shows for a couple seconds and sometimes it stays up till I x it off.

If I click 'restart' FF it does not show up, that always works, it seems.
An annoyance to wait for my browser to load properly though.

Carol Haynes:
Glad it isn't just me!

cyberdiva:
Hi, Carol.  I'm writing to say that I use Firefox (currently version 10.0.2) and Last Pass (currently 1.90), and I haven't had that problem.  Since it doesn't happen with your other browsers, I'm wondering whether some FF add-on could be involved here.  Perhaps something like NoScript or Ghostery or something else that tries to monitor what interacts with your browser.  Just a wild guess.  I'd also continue to report the problem to LastPass, both via a ticket and perhaps also via their forum.  They need to know (and be reminded  ;) ) that the problem recurs each time LP is updated. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.  Good luck!

IainB:
I am using Firefox on the ß channel, currently at v11, on a laptop with Win7-64 Home Premium.
I also sometimes use Internet Explorer (mostly x86 version 9), Google Chrome (ß-dev version) and Chromium (ß-dev version).

I have been using LastPass for over a year, after moving away from Xmarks.
Using the FF ß channel, I could have expected a bit of instability here and there, but it's all been rock-solid - except for some add-ons having difficulty keeping up with FF's relatively frequent updates.

LastPass in particular seems not to have presented any incidents on my setup, and I was thinking only the other day that LastPass seems to have been a pretty well-designed and stable product overall.

A suggestion: If LastPass support - from what you say - do not seem to have come across the issue with other users, then it could be useful to see if any DCers using FF and LastPass report similar incidents to yourself. Then it may be worthwhile sharing detailed settings and add-on info to see what else you have in common. Maybe the symptoms you experience are peculiar to you users as a group for a good reason. Then do some investigation and a root cause analysis. That could also provide some valuable info to LastPass support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version