ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OpenDNS updates their censorship policy

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
I've been an advocate of OpenDNS for a few years.
However, though this policy pronouncement from OpenDNS looks pretty good on the surface, I still remain skeptical.
We shall see. When the almost inevitable pressure on them (OpenDNS) is brought to bear by some government or other (probably the US), then any tendency to cave in under that pressure will become apparent.

Innuendo:
However, though this policy pronouncement from OpenDNS looks pretty good on the surface, I still remain skeptical.
We shall see. When the almost inevitable pressure on them (OpenDNS) is brought to bear by some government or other (probably the US), then any tendency to cave in under that pressure will become apparent.
-IainB (February 28, 2012, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

All this policy states is that OpenDNS will not help an organization or country censor the internet. I really doubt any government would pressure them into providing content filtering. To clarify, OpenDNS has never stated that they will not refuse to cooperate with any investigation into legal wrong-doing. I'm sure they'd handle any logs over to law enforcement officials straight away....and I support that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version