ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Today is Your Last Chance to Remove your Search History from Google's New Policy

<< < (4/6) > >>

tomos:
It may be too late already.  I went to look at my history to see what was there and maybe clear it.  The only screen that comes up for me is:
 (see attachment in previous post)
I do not get the option like the screen shown in the EF example:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Oh well.
-bob99 (February 22, 2012, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

same here

Stoic Joker:
It may be too late already.
-bob99 (February 22, 2012, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, I think that simply means that your account's search web history was already OFF (by some prior default), and so you have nothing accumulated to delete.
-IainB (February 22, 2012, 10:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Man I hope you're right ... I got (here late...) the same History Already Off message also.

Stoic Joker:
@mouser - Thanks for the heads up ... But in the future can you put stuff like that in a full screen kiosk mode popup window? ...So us slower kids don't miss it.  :D

bob99:
Let me ask if this could be the reason I didn't see the clear history choice?
Do they only collect history info when you are logged on to your Gmail account?
The only reason I have an account is it was required by Verizon when I had an Android phone.  The only time I log onto it is to see if I have any mail on the account or modify some contacts I keep there for my BB phone. And always log off when I'm done. I never search the web when logged in to my account. 

tomos:

^ I'm often logged in (and using search), & I got the same results as you Bob...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version