ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Today is Your Last Chance to Remove your Search History from Google's New Policy

<< < (3/6) > >>

IainB:
It may be too late already.
-bob99 (February 22, 2012, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, I think that simply means that your account's search web history was already OFF (by some prior default), and so you have nothing accumulated to delete.

nosh:
I don't think there's an element of permanence to this, not if Google acts on commonsense logic, anyway. They can expect a ton of legal trouble and bad press (although whether they actually care anymore is moot... :P) if deleted search history data persists within their organization. If they have something in the TOS that allows them to do that, wow!... guess even the more paranoid among us are no match for their evil!  :Thmbsup:

I don't trust Google but my instinct tells me they're not that stupid (the Google desktop UI notwithstanding) or evil (getting less confident about that by the minute, TBH, so just hitting post before I have to completely rewrite this.)

My understanding is, this is to avoid the element of surprise/horror that the cross-pollination could result in.

worstje:
That's history since 2006 deleted. Hot dayum, thanks for the pointer. That was some scary shit they know about me. :(

nosh:

urlwolf:
Damn, it didn't work for me. Maybe I was too late (today is the 23rd).  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version