ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Steve Jobs is not dead... Minimalistic UI Madness Never dies.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Innuendo:
Linux is an OS choice driven by zealotry & wanting to stick it to The Man. These two things meld into a perfect mixture that attracts whackadoos more efficiently than sweet water attracts hummingbirds.

40hz:
Linux is an OS choice driven by zealotry & wanting to stick it to The Man. These two things meld into a perfect mixture that attracts whackadoos more efficiently than sweet water attracts hummingbirds.
-Innuendo (February 21, 2012, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Goodness! Almost sounds like somebody's trying to get a rise out of the Linux crowd... ;D

Sorry. Gambit declined. :P

8) ;)

rgdot:
"Them fighting words"

;D

Innuendo:
Goodness! Almost sounds like somebody's trying to get a rise out of the Linux crowd... ;D-40hz (February 21, 2012, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was not implying that all Linux users are whackadoos. I'm just saying the Linux mission statement attracts them in spades. :)

mahesh2k:
I didn't mean it as attack to entire FOSS/Linux community. It's just those desktop environment designers from canonical and elementary  who are acting like a priest and generalizing about crowd that turns me off. This thread is rant against these wanna-be desktop designers. I don't understand one more thing - why in the world of multicore processors, linux developers are worried about system resources spent on multi-tasking? People say linux is about choices but more I digg into community I realize that team DE teams are obsessed with iOS and innovation for the sake of it. They don't offer choices when they move ahead in the name of innovation. You have to switch to something else, that's the only choice linux community offers. It's like my way or someone else's high way. lol Why break things that are not broken? Is there any thing related to "minimize" button that I am missing? Is there any gain by not allowing icons on desktop? Is there anything to gain by keeping one app at a time on desktop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version