ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "virtual scanner' software in one pass, outputting in PDF.

<< < (5/8) > >>

MerleOne:

I use priPrinter Pro and the PDF is structured - not a bitmap.

-Carol Haynes (February 22, 2012, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info and for the link !

Carol Haynes:
Can I ask why you want to do this? I find the structured nature of PDFs very useful and single image files a bit of a PITA. IS there a reason why the bitmap approach would be widely needed?

Ath:
IS there a reason why the bitmap approach would be widely needed?
-Carol Haynes (February 23, 2012, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Copy protection?, but I'm also quite curious about the OP's answer ;)

tomos:
Can I ask why you want to do this? I find the structured nature of PDFs very useful and single image files a bit of a PITA. IS there a reason why the bitmap approach would be widely needed?
-Carol Haynes (February 23, 2012, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Edited : the reason I want to use an image format rather than a text format is to avoid any possible error when converting the .doc file to the .pdf format, such as font missing and substituted by another one, etc. .  So far, all "regular" word to pdf software show a few errors here and there.  I really want a 100% perfect copy within the pdf, whatever font/text/image is used in the source document.
-MerleOne (February 21, 2012, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Carol Haynes:
Fair enough - but in some editors (acrobat?) you can embed the fonts you need to avoid this problem.

The problem with bitmap versions is if you want good quality printable versions of multipage documents they will get very large.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version