ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "virtual scanner' software in one pass, outputting in PDF.

<< < (2/8) > >>

AndyM:
I googled "print to jpg" just out of curiousity, several things there.

If you could print directly to a jpg or tiff (with no loss of quality), may be you could write a script to send the graphic output to a pdf maker etc.

MerleOne:
I googled "print to jpg" just out of curiousity, several things there.

If you could print directly to a jpg or tiff (with no loss of quality), may be you could write a script to send the graphic output to a pdf maker etc.
-AndyM (February 21, 2012, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Curt:
2/ the output quality (tif to pdf) is quite poor (maybe a setting in an irfanview plugin ?)
-MerleOne (February 21, 2012, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, re-check your settings. The quality can be surprisingly good, if you set them to be.

Edited:

This first gif screenshot made the long way from docx printed to tiff, converted via  IrfanView to pdf:

---------------------
Screenshot of the original docx:

Innuendo:
There are lots of programs (some pay & some free) that install a PDF printer driver. Just print from inside the app of your choice & the output goes to a PDF file rather than to a physical printer.

4wd:
There are lots of programs (some pay & some free) that install a PDF printer driver. Just print from inside the app of your choice & the output goes to a PDF file rather than to a physical printer.-Innuendo (February 21, 2012, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

But most of them output to PDF in the format they were given, ie. text document input->text PDF output, image input->image PDF output

I think what MerleOne wants is no matter what the input, the PDF will always contain just images - what PDF Image Printer, (not free and not cheap), does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version