ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "virtual scanner' software in one pass, outputting in PDF.

(1/8) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

I am looking for a virtual printer software such as doPDF, cutePDf, etc. except that the result of the output from this virtual printer would be a pdf identical to one generated by a scanned copy of the original document (no text inside, just a picture per page).
Do you know any software that does it, in one pass only ?

Thanks.

mouser:
i'm not sure i understand what you are asking for.

MerleOne:
Let say I have a word document.  I want to create a PDF from this word document, that would look as a printout of the document, except I don't want it to be "structured", I want the pdf to be equivalent to the one created by a scanner (hardware + software) after I print the .doc to paper and scan the printed paper to a pdf.

In such cases, the pdf doesn't contain text but only images.

mouser:
Ok i understand now what you want.

Perhaps a simpler way to say it is:

"I want to be able to print from an application (MS Word for example) to PDF -- but with each page stored as an image, so that no text is stored or recoverable from the PDF file."

MerleOne:
Exactly, thanks !

I currently do the following : I use the Office Document Image Writer virtual printer to convert a .doc into a .tif, then irfanview to convert the .tif into a pdf, but there are 2 annoyances :

1/ 2 steps are required
2/ the output quality (tif to pdf) is quite poor (maybe a setting in an irfanview plugin ?)

Edited : the reason I want to use an image format rather than a text format is to avoid any possible error when converting the .doc file to the .pdf format, such as font missing and substituted by another one, etc. .  So far, all "regular" word to pdf software show a few errors here and there.  I really want a 100% perfect copy within the pdf, whatever font/text/image is used in the source document.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version