ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I Need DC Input

<< < (18/22) > >>

CleverCat:
Have amended EasyBCD so my 'old' install is default and skips boot menu (for now) - nifty program  :Thmbsup:

Here's pics from Bios:- Everything works but.......... Maxtor doesn't appear as a bootable device (pic 2) and can't change? (pic 3)

Excuse the blurry pic...

4wd:
Here's pics from Bios:- Everything works but.......... Maxtor doesn't appear as a bootable device (pic 2) and can't change? (pic 3)-CleverCat (March 04, 2012, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because you haven't set it as the bootable HDD in the first picture, you've set the Seagate as the bootable drive therefore that's the device you get in the third picture.

In the first picture, (Advanced Setup->Hard Disk Drives), you can reorder the drives by highlighting the Maxtor, (down arrow), and then pressing + on the number pad - this should move it up a place and make it the default boot HDD.

This will cause the third screen to display the Maxtor instead of the Seagate as a boot choice.

The instructions are on the bottom of the BIOS screen ;)

CleverCat:
Was going to do that, (honest)  ;D but wanted your input before I did!

Don't know  why seagate is bootable - always been that way...

Will report back later

Thanks  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Almost forgot  ;D

I Need DC Input

CleverCat:
 ;D ;D ;D Mum likes that - will print and put up where all can see!  :Thmbsup:

Okay - changed boot order - all good now.

Not sure why my Seagate External is bootable?  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version