ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I Need DC Input

<< < (13/22) > >>

CleverCat:
Okay - swapped cables and optical works but SATA HD not recognised!

Your turn.... ;D

CleverCat:
Checking BIOS now - brb

4wd:
Haven't made it to bed yet....

BTW in BIOS SATA Controllers say enhanced?-CleverCat (February 29, 2012, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

In your case: Enhanced = Enabled

Okay - swapped cables and optical works but SATA HD not recognised!-CleverCat (February 29, 2012, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is a choice of four SATA connectors on the motherboard, perhaps trying another might help.

They count from 1 to 4 starting at the bottom.  In theory, the HDD is probably plugged into number 1, (the lowest), as it's reported as Primary IDE Master.

Try the SATA optical in port number 3, (second from the top), that should appear as Secondary IDE Master.

On your motherboard, the SATA ports are either all on or all off.

If it fails in the 3rd port, then try the other two - if they fail, you most likely have a bad cable.

Now I'm really going to bed. 

mouser:
right ok.. so now you know the optical is good.

your possibilities now are:
1) the one sata cable is bad.  this can be tested if you have a spare or by swapping cables. possibility is medium/low?
2) the one sata connector on your hd is bad. possibility low?
3) the one sata connector is disabled in your bios or on a jumper. possibility medium?

my first thing would be what 4wd says -- if you have a sata connector on the motherboard you havent tried yet, use that one instead of the one that doesnt appear to be working.
then if that doesnt work -- you want to test if is the cable.  you can do that by simply swapping that suspicious cable, both endpoints of it, with one connecting a drive that is detected, and see if it stops working.

tip: write down the connector and mark the cable on the drive that is currently not being connected, so you remember.

CleverCat:
Okay - BIOS - SATA HDD not there but optical is!

IDE BusMaster Disabled?

On board SATA Controller Compatible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version