ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor DirectX Capture Addon - EARLY BUGGY BETA

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
Interesting.. Well it shouldnt be invoking more than one at a time, so I'm not sure why it would make a difference how rapidly you *try* to capture from the directx window -- it should only be doing one attempt at a time.

However it's possible that the code to unhook is not being given enough time to do its thing before the commandline tool exits?

Also, given my testing which shows that success is a bit random -- it may not have to do with trying to do lots of captures in a row -- and more to do with simply an X% probability of failing to capture on any given request?

spazzarama:
Interesting.. Well it shouldnt be invoking more than one at a time, so I'm not sure why it would make a difference how rapidly you *try* to capture from the directx window -- it should only be doing one attempt at a time.

However it's possible that the code to unhook is not being given enough time to do its thing before the commandline tool exits?

Also, given my testing which shows that success is a bit random -- it may not have to do with trying to do lots of captures in a row -- and more to do with simply an X% probability of failing to capture on any given request?
-mouser (February 20, 2012, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I don't know how reliably EasyHook cleans up the hooks after itself... I haven't experienced any issues with a percentage of injections failing - generally once it works on my system I'm good to go.

Btw - I will give your screenshot application a try soon, just haven't had time :)

spazzarama:
Worked for Battlefield 3 and World of Tanks (both D3D 10 I think)

Didn't work for Global Agenda (I think it is D3D10), AV in presenthook (something to do with that game it would seem)

BoomWav:
I was looking for that. Sad that it doesn't seem to work properly. I'll just take the screenshot using Steam or FRAPS and then I'll upload them using ZUploader. I'd still be awesome if I could do all this without additional efforts! I wonder how FRAPS' doing it.

spazzarama:
The Direct3DHook code is now hosted on GitHub : https://github.com/spazzarama/Direct3DHook

Still have to make some changes for you mouser - I have released an alpha of the EasyHook library that has the required changes to continue with the GAC'less injection process.

Time is of course a little short so it's taking me a little longer that I would like to get around to it all :)

Cheers,
J

If anyone wants to try the new screenshot captor addon for capturing DirectX full screen images, I have uploaded it here:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/downloads/beta/ScreenshotCaptorSetup.exe (v3.02)
* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/downloads/beta/ScDxAddonSetup.exe
You will need to install the new screenshot captor release, and then the addon.  The addon will also make you install the SlimDx runtimes, and you will have to reboot your pc after the install.

Then you can set a hotkey for DirectX full screen capture (may default to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+X).

How well does it work?

Well.. It's a bit hit or miss at this point -- and I have to warn you that there is a fairly good chance it will crash your directX application when invoked.

If your directx game has its own way to take screenshots, that will without a doubt be a better solution than trying to use SC to take them.

So this is only for people who really like testing stuff early.  But I would like to hear reports of whether it works for you.

Thanks to Justin S, who's code powers this addon.  See this thread for a more discussion of the issues involved: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29890.0
-mouser (February 18, 2012, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version