ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Feature request: Sizable canvas.

(1/3) > >>

kunkel321:
Like this:

Or maybe it's already possible in some fashion?

Related to this request, is that if I drag another picture onto the original one, and it overlaps the edges of the canvas, then SSC should (optionally) increase the size of the canvas, rather than cropping off the overlapping parts...

Did that even make sense?  It made sense in my head.

mouser:
Although not as nice as your diagram, you can resize canvas from the Edit->Resize Image menu (Ctrl+C), just make sure you check the "Resize Canvas" checkbox on the right hand size.

kunkel321:
Okay I've got it now...  For some reason the extended canvas area wasn't being remembered as part of the picture...  Reinstalled SSC though, and it seems to be working as expected.

For my own purposes, it would be nice if I could easily increase the canvas size by 100%.   Perhaps buttons like this:

Seems like I often am comparing to version of the same image side-by-side, hence I need it to be doubled.

tomos:
For my own purposes, it would be nice if I could easily increase the canvas size by 100%.
[...]
Seems like I often am comparing to version of the same image side-by-side, hence I need it to be doubled.
-kunkel321 (February 20, 2012, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

what you'd actually want then, would be double the height *or* double the width. I suspect it's nearly as easy to add the relevant pixel number (as shown in dialogue) to canvas height or width...

edit/ I not knocking the idea... :)

kunkel321:
Yea, it occurred to me (after posting) that the image's dimensions are at the bottom of the main SSC window.  Would be easy enough to enter  :)
The idea I had though, was to have each click add space in increments of the original image's dimensions (rather than simply doubling).

So if your image is 115 pixels wide, and you wanted four versions of the same image

You'd click in 3 times and the width would be 115, then 230, then 345, then 460.
Rather than a simple doubling which would yield 115, then 230, then 460, then 920.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version