Yep. Only thing that chokes, other than Web pages, is Database Workbench 4. Since I'm just testing it, that's not a significant problem, but the nature of the connect failure concerns me, as does the failure of PHP connection to it. I'm just not as familiar with UAC permissions as apparently I should be
. I haven't yet tried to take ownership of the files, mostly because I'm uncertain what I'd need to own
, but I suppose that's the next step. Since these files have been moved from the old Dell drive, they're prolly earmarked with a different server/username and that obviously was not altered by the transferal
. On the location front, I'd already been bitten by the location bug, so I did a custom path install instead of the typical Windows install
The first part of this story can be found here
. Synopsis is that a failed image restore bricked the Dell until I have time to remove the drive and manually restore it. So I moved to the Gateway, which has done yeoman duty for a couple of years. (Recently it has been in use for VHS to DVD conversions, but that's a different topic.) It and the Dell are the only two (2) boxes I allow on the Internet - there are currently three (3) other boxes on the LAN, as well as Baby Daughter's system. But those three (3) boxes have never seen the Net, and never will. OK, that's a different story
I activated the old Dell drive externally, and it's working just fine. But I can't restore the Dell image to the Gateway (although I did try, and nearly bricked the Gateway
). So now I'm manually transferring a number of items to the Gateway that were on the Dell.
Next step on the MySQL front is to try taking ownership, but I'm not totally certain just which files I need to own, so it'll be a piecemeal process with no indication of whether it'll work until/unless it does.
On the Web front, I cannot connect the the on-box server as localhost
, nor as 127.0.0.1
, but I can
connect using the Gateway's IP. I've looked at all the config files, but nothing seems amiss. Nothing in any of the event or error logs, although Apache's access.log is not being updated, even though it's in the httpd.conf properly. That happened to me once before, when I attempted to truncate the file - Apache just quit writing to it. However, it was long enough ago that I don't recall what fixed it, unless it was a re-installation of Apache. Anyway, the Web issue may also be attributable to ownership, although that seems a bit of a reach.