ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WANTED: 2 small? applets

<< < (2/3) > >>

jgpaiva:
yeah, I can TYPE ping -t 255.255.255.255 and watch the window.  What I wasn is to copy and paste from my Router Status screen to a box.  I get tired of going from keyboard to mouse and back.  One or the other please :)
-Rover (March 30, 2006, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, somehow, i forgot to write the first line of my post...
The first line should be: "I can do this" ;)

So, you're looking for a program that would prompt you for a ip to ping, and then, keep pinging it until it returns something, when it'd say "yes, this ip can be pinged"? :)

Rover:
I see a program that can read my mind....  ;D

This might be harder than I thought.  Can you paste onto an icon?  If not, I can lauch the application. It has a little status window that I paste an IP address into.  When it sees an IP pasted, it starts pinging and displays a little status line like:
IP Address       Last Rsp     Avg Rsp    Time  ( of first successful reply)
192.168.1.1     12ms           15ms       02:00:22    []

The little button on the end is so I can kill it off.  Additional IPs cound be pasted in so you might have 5 or so in the list.

jgpaiva:
I'm sorry, I already tried to make thi, and somehow failed, because the command line keeps appearing in the screen.
Instead, i searched a bit and found you 2 interesting links:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/ping-programs.html
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pingometer.html

Possibly, there might be just exactlly what you're looking for ;)

jgpaiva:
After all, i can do this in ahk (see this thread). Are you still looking for that internet access checker, rover?

Rover:
Sure if you want the excercise :)

I'm getting to start a switch replacement project, it might come in handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version