Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 12:21:05 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New C# FARR Plugin: FARRGoogleSuggest  (Read 32414 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 02:52:55 AM »

i was trouble using this plugin (exception errors) until i overwrote FARRGoogleSuggestRCW.dll with the file FARRPluginRCW.dll from FarrAltTab and renamed it as FARRGoogleSuggestRCW.dll. hope this helps someone with the same problem..

thomthowolf
Charter Member

Bad software makes me tired

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up Thmbsup cheesy tongue

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »

i was trouble using this plugin (exception errors) until i overwrote FARRGoogleSuggestRCW.dll with the file FARRPluginRCW.dll from FarrAltTab and renamed it as FARRGoogleSuggestRCW.dll. hope this helps someone with the same problem..

presumably the FarrAltTab plugin worked for you in the first place?
unfortunately it doesnt for me...

Tom
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 11:51:19 PM »

presumably the FarrAltTab plugin worked for you in the first place?
unfortunately it doesnt for me...

try downloading the newer version - FarrAlttab, that is.. version 1.15
http://vitalyb.dcmembers....FARRAltTab/FARRAltTab.zip

this is the error i was getting..

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 06:09:00 AM »

try downloading the newer version - FarrAlttab, that is.. version 1.15
thanks lanux, thats the one I have..

it simply doesnt work (no errors, nothing) & doesnt show in plugins - i tried reloading plugins neither alt/tab nor google suggest show...

Tom
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 08:32:57 PM »

thanks lanux, thats the one I have..

it simply doesnt work (no errors, nothing) & doesnt show in plugins - i tried reloading plugins neither alt/tab nor google suggest show...

sorry to hear that.. i'm out of ideas myself. anyway, going to keep an eye on this potentially good plugin..

ShuKsT
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 03:27:15 AM »

can you setup a proxy thingy ? cuz it makes FARR crash here at work since i'm behind a proxy Sad
ShuKsT
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »

can you enable proxy settings so I can use this at work?  BUMP smiley
jpgrosen
Honorary Member

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2008, 01:34:22 AM »

Hi,

I don't have a proxy but as far as I can see FARRGoogleSuggest should pick up the proxy settings from Internet Explorer. If I enter invalid proxy settings in Internet Explorer FARRGoogleSuggest fails, so it appear that it is picking up the proxy configuration from IE.

Sincerely

JP
s.newave
Supporting Member

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

jpgrosen tku for this amazing plugin  ohmy

Is there any way however to use this with my other web searches? For example say i wanted to search imdb or metacritic for a movie title. You could use google suggest to find the title and consequently replace the googe search string the imdb one using the title suggested? I think this would be a really powerful addition to this plugin. I often find that google is better at finding what i am looking for than i am  Grin

P.S. I also noticed that this plugin does not rank the search results by the number of results found. Is there a way to change this?

thx
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:31:40 PM by s.newave » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:17 AM »

Jens,

it would be great if you could make a dcupdate file for this plugin, not just so it would be easier to update, but so i can add it to the list of plugins that can automatically be installed by users.

i can provide webspace if you want, just ask.
ottenm
Supporting Member

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I use FARRGoogleSuggest all the time and sometimes wish I could hotkey into "feeling lucky".  i.e., I'm typing into FARR, looking at the google suggest results, and just want to go straight to one of the first google results (not go to google to see the results, and then go to the first list).  Maybe something like Alt-F1, Alt-F2, etc.?

Does anyone know a way to achieve something like this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

And thanks for the awesome plug-in!
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »

I installed this today. It crashes every time I use it and I have to kill/restart FARR, so I have now uninstalled it.
What a pity! Looks like it has potential!

Is there a dcupdater for this?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »

this plugin hasn't been updated for some time. there is snewave's GooglePlus plugin which shows the Google search results in FARR as you type. you might want to try that.

IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »

@lanux128: Thanks. I shall try the GooglePlus plugin, as you suggest.
IT_Fan
Participant

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

I am getting exception error, any way to get it worked. I need this plugin for English correction.  Sad
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:40:10 PM by IT_Fan » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 1.11 ]