ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

I want to try an experiment on the site for March 2012

<< < (13/20) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
what happens if you find that ads generate 2x the amount that Donations do?
--- End quote ---

I doubt that.

Nothing happens.
--- End quote ---

:D

-mahesh2k (February 21, 2012, 02:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Absolute Ads Corrupt Absolutely and all that.

But this is a meta theme for the entire tech world. How do valuable sites keep going?

KynloStephen66515:
Off Topic
xyzzy
-Tuxman (February 21, 2012, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Meh... I much prefer Zzyzx Rd. tbh :D

mahesh2k:
How do valuable sites keep going?
--- End quote ---

I don't know answer to this question. All I can say is, that it shouldn't be the way with which people are moving away from any other annoying ad plastered site. It's about ad blindness and annoyance. I can tell you this from my experience, Adsense on tech site is going to earn less revenue from now on for plenty of reasons.

anandcoral:
Now I am feeling curious.

Let us see what happens in one month.

Regards,

Anand

wraith808:
Now I am feeling curious.

Let us see what happens in one month.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (February 21, 2012, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that a valuable thing has been said, no matter if this is for revenue or for curiosity... one month is not a long enough sample time.  Any data taken based on that will be suspect at best.  For example, look at the graph that mouser put up.  During February there is a dip based on the anti-SOPA protest.  Taken with that month by itself, your data would be corrupted by that one day.  Similarly, during a month, an article or a thread or a piece of software can be slashdotted, lifehacked, etc, polluting the sample.  Just my  :two:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version