topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Has the time arrived for the 'Animated' Screenshots?  (Read 5380 times)

saurabhdua

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Has the time arrived for the 'Animated' Screenshots?
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:30 AM »
Hello Folks!

How about an idea to pioneer for the 'Animated' screenshots?

Consumers, & in general Public are going more aggrieved day by day from their respective Governments & Corporates....!

Writing an email that incorporates an 'Animated' sceenshot(like a Booo..with an animated Thumbs Down) would help transverse the very expression, & hence an Outcome!

Also, along with the regular 'Clipart Objects', do introduce an 'Emoticon section' as well for yours Screenshot Captor.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Has the time arrived for the 'Animated' Screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Hello Folks!

How about an idea to pioneer for the 'Animated' screenshots?

Consumers, & in general Public are going more aggrieved day by day from their respective Governments & Corporates....!

Writing an email that incorporates an 'Animated' sceenshot(like a Booo..with an animated Thumbs Down) would help transverse the very expression, & hence an Outcome!

Also, along with the regular 'Clipart Objects', do introduce an 'Emoticon section' as well for yours Screenshot Captor.

I don't think that you're likely to get a better response through animated GIFs in emails. (That is the only possible animation in an email as no mail client supports anything else - those days were a disaster.) Or at least not when sending to government or corporations.

Affecting change is likely to be more effective when simply withdrawing financial support for government and corporations and getting as many people as you can to do the same, e.g. boycott McDonalds, boycott Monsanto products and manufacturers that use their poisons, etc. I'd get into that, but the thread is about animation...

It's likely more effective to record a video, then send a linked screenshot of it in your email. A YouTube screenshot or Vimeo screenshot is pretty distinctive, and people will know what they are.

GIF emoticons have been so badly used and abused over the years that they now have a very stale, sickening feel to them.

Another problem is that there are a lot of "smiley" emoticon companies that basically distribute spyware. Again, it sullies things.

It would likely be better to use some GIF animation software to create a custom message in an animated GIF, then put than in your email.

Now, I don't think this is particularly going to be effective, but, it's just a simple example:

Mr.-Bernanke-please-kill-yourself.gif

It takes a few minutes, but it's not particularly hard.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:25 AM »
hi saurabhdua,
did you mean this as a Screenshot Captor request?
Screenshot Captor has it's own board- see
https://www.donation...index.php?board=34.0

An animated screenshot could be a very nice way of showing a sequence of events:
i click here, this happens, then I ... etc., etc.
Tom

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Yes, this thread should be moved to the SSC board.  Or maybe this could be added to the new ScreencastCaptor that Mouser has made.
GIFs have an advantage because you don't have to have Abloaty Flash, etc. installed to view the thing.

There are plenty of freeware ways to make GIFs out of video parts, or a series of images, but I'm not aware of a simple free utility that can record a series of screen actions, and save them straight as a GIF.

+1, yes please.

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17 PM »
1++ for an simple animmated gif feature  :Thmbsup:

I too use an GIF animator to create short tutorials.
I wanted to post an link but my currently used app is in german only >> http://www.psynetic....ogramme/gif-x-detail

If it helps:
for my own use i only need the feature to set the order and the delay for each picture.
Oh, and the possibility to set an repeat option.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:24 PM »
+1 for being able to capture simple animations and output to animated GIF.

- Oshyan

saurabhdua

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 01:46 AM »
My Dear Friends!

Thank you so very much for such an overwhelming Support to introduce such a feature type for Screenshot Captor capabilities!

Yes, I do work for a Power Utility that does require a 'Knee jerk' operation sometimes to get the Consumer's purpose accomplished through the lackadaisical approach  from my other colleagues & fellow officers!

One ought to be innovative these days to 'Catch an eye' amidst a huge pile-up/back log of cases; & therefore 'Animated screenshots' or GIF Creations could do wonders to a 'Case follow-up' experience!

Compliments from India...(Probably the 'Most Corrupt' country on the Planet..!) :Thmbsup: