topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Can SC capture user defined multiple objects ?  (Read 5309 times)

rail4you

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can SC capture user defined multiple objects ?
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:24 AM »
I am happy to use SC. SC V3.00 is almost the best one in the market. It finally add "multiple objects capture" feature.

But SC V3.00 can only capture all children object. You cannot select which object you want to capture. I find Faststone Capture and Hypersnap can select multiple objects with ctrl+click. You can capture some useful materials above with this feature.

1. Capture menu and sub-menu. In Faststone Capture or Hypersnap, you can select sub-menu one by one when holding ctrl key. It is easy to capture sub-menu.

2. Capture a bigger region by selecting more objects. Just "ctrl+click" many times to enlarge the selection.

I hope SC add this feature in the further. Or is there an alternate way to capture real multiple objects and sub-menu in SC?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Can SC capture user defined multiple objects ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:42 AM »
So let me ask.. if you use the new object capture mode in SC3 -- you can capture any one object easily -- and you would just like a faster way to capture a bunch of objects one after the other more quickly?

So in SC3, if you start an object capture, then you control+Click, you get a dialog where you can push 2 to capture another object, and so on.

So if I simply added an additional key that captured the object under the red box and immediately let you stay in the red box mode to capture more objects, that would do what you want?

rail4you

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52 AM »
Thank you for quick reply.

I know I can capture multiple objects one by one with SC3. But in this mode.
One picture One object. (multiple pictures)
My need:
One picture multiple objects

Ctrl+Click should not end the capture. Ctrl+Click is better to select each object like selecting mutiple files in explorer. "Enter" is the key to end the capture. This is a normal way to capture multiple objects in other software (Faststone Capture)

I agree with your last sentence. There should be an addition key  to select and retain red box mode. I think "ctrl" key is simple and works.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10 AM »
...So if I simply added an additional key that captured the object under the red box and immediately let you stay in the red box mode to capture more objects, that would do what you want?
I vote 'yes' for this feature.

JeremyWW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:08 PM »
...So if I simply added an additional key that captured the object under the red box and immediately let you stay in the red box mode to capture more objects, that would do what you want?
I vote 'yes' for this feature.

+1 That would convince me to use Screenshot Captor

JeremyWW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Thank you for quick reply.

I know I can capture multiple objects one by one with SC3. But in this mode.
One picture One object. (multiple pictures)
My need:
One picture multiple objects

Ctrl+Click should not end the capture. Ctrl+Click is better to select each object like selecting mutiple files in explorer. "Enter" is the key to end the capture. This is a normal way to capture multiple objects in other software (Faststone Capture)

I agree with your last sentence. There should be an addition key  to select and retain red box mode. I think "ctrl" key is simple and works.

Any hope of implementing this in the new Beta? Thanks.