ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Windows, shareware] TreeProjects: organize your information

<< < (2/2)

tamasd:
TreeProjects should be able to quickly and easily transform KeyNote NF stuff into a TreeProjects database, otherwise considering a software change will be hard for anyone with a lot of notes.
-insert_nick (February 15, 2012, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Keynote has some kind of RTF file export, export and import RTF files into TreeProjects.
If that wouldn't work for you, export from Keynote to Treepad format, then use Ultrarecall to import Treepad, export to RTF files and import those into TreeProjects. Or maybe open the Treepad format directly in Treepad and export to RTF - I don't remember whether Treepad has RTF export, but it should.

rjbull:
If the other program exports the data as files, however, TreeProjects can import the folder and will try to recreate the items based on the file type, which may (or may not) be close to the original database.-yaroslavp (February 15, 2012, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you considered adding the ability to import and export delimited files?  Perhaps you know Horst Schaeffer's MemPad.  It has the ability to do with a simple text file structure.  The number of delimiters indicates the level of the current node.  As an example, here is part of my "Music" section.  Compare the screenshot with the text (I removed blank lines and most of the body text to save space).  This seems to me a particularly good and simple system, as it should make it fairly easy to move data between applications.  I don't want to get trapped in something that doesn't allow easy transfer.

‡ Music
‡‡ Anon.
‡‡‡ Dufay Collective
The Dufay Collective: The Recordings
[ body text ]
‡‡‡ Pilgrimage to Montserrat
Pilgrimage to Montserrat
Anon — Los set goyts recomptarem
Performer: Hesperion XX
‡‡ Brahms
‡‡‡ Horn Trio, Op.40
Brahms
Horn Trio, Op.40
Played on Radio 3 Classical Collection, Tue 14 Dec 2010, 11.27
‡‡‡ Scherzo in E flat minor Op.4 for piano
Johannes Brahms — Scherzo in E flat minor Op.4 for piano
Performer: Alexander Melnikov - Piano
‡‡ Chopin
‡‡‡ 12 Studies Op.10 for piano - No.12 in C minor
Frédéric Chopin — 12 Studies Op.10 for piano - No.12 in C minor: 'Revolutionary study'
‡‡ Grieg
‡‡‡ String Quartet No 2 in F
Grieg, compl. Julius Rontgen: String Quartet No 2 in F
Raphael Quartet
‡‡ Jegede, Tunde
Tunde Jegede — Lamentation
Performer: Solstice String Quartet
‡‡ Karlowicz, Mieczyslaw
‡‡‡ Stanislaw and Anna of Oswiecim - symphonic poem (Op.12)
Night Waves, 12/05/2010,  05:41AM
‡‡ Khachaturian, Aram
‡‡‡ Gayane

TaoPhoenix:
Hello Yaroslav,

I am just entering the "market" for these Tree Databases. I did a first round comparison a while ago, but since you're a DC member I'll have to look at TreeProjects!

Edit: This is just not advanced enough for my usage. TreeDBNotes is my current front runner.

Killer feature for me in that and a couple other programs: Export as html web book with dynamic javascript.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version