ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Can't make text object background opaque; text "fades" over dark parts of images

(1/3) > >>

cathie28:
I've read everything & tried everything to get the background of a text object (text box) to be completely solid & block out all of the image or screen capture.  I've played w/ this a LOT & can't get it right.

Even if the transparency value = 255, & a bright color is selected for background, once edited image is saved, the text box background color is transparent / washed out, & the text (even bright red, bolded) is almost impossible to read over darker parts of a screen or image.  Like the part circled in red in attachment.  The area of an image doesn't have to be nearly black in order for the text to become unreadable.  I haven't seen these problems in other screen capture prgms or drawing prgms that allow a solid color background for text boxes.

This is a very common problem for me, entering text over screens or images where brightness of pic varies considerably from lightest to darkest area.  As long as the pic is all fairly light, added text comments are readable.  Any suggestions?

I also notice that as I'm entering the text, it's often quite "fuzzy" & sometimes part of letters are cut off -like at beginning of a line.  But, after saving the image & opening w/ a viewer, the text (other than above mentioned probs) is clean / even & not cut off at beginning of a line???

I tried uploading a small png file - doesn't seem to indicate / have an "add image" or "load image" button, once it's selected from my HDD.

kunkel321:
Try changing the Blend Mode (bottom).
"Normal" should do the trick.

kunkel321:
Actually I'm surprised Mouser doesn't already have a "Difference" blend mode.  It gives a "negative" effect, which allows you to make out the image, but ensures that the object contrasts with it.  See image that I edited in a high-end graphics app:

mouser:
Kunkel beat me to it -- sounds like you need to adjust the blend mode.
I'll look into adding Difference.

cathie28:
Thank you both, very much.  I don't have latest v3 installed, but Help file section on "Text Box Objects" doesn't show the option "blend mode."  See image of Help file.
Probably why I couldn't figure it out.  I knew there must be an easy answer.

** Other issue I mentioned - when typing in a text box, if screen size selected (at top, R of window) is Auto Fit, or 50% or apparently anything EXCEPT 100%, the text characters are partly cut off at line beginnings & characters are often unreadable, to the point I can't tell what I've typed.  Appear to be missing pixels.

Maybe that's unavoidable when screen is anything but 100% (w/ current coding for text box objects)?  Sure, users can set screen size at 100% while adding text boxes, but from a user's perspective, images don't get intermittent blurring / pixels missing when selecting Auto Fit or 50% size.  Not noticeably, anyway.

Is there another setting to fix the blurry text / characters cut off, when using reduced screen sizes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version