ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

InfoQube rocks as a CRM

<< < (2/2)

PPLandry:
- right now all the G+ circle contacts are sent by google over the gmail contact api. This is really bad for people sync'ing with phone or outlook. They are contact with no information and just 1 name, the G+ handle. No information anywhere (like a URL or tag) to identify where they came from and that they are G+ circle people. Google doesn't connect them with the contact if you also has the person as a contact, so you also end up with duplicates. Hopefully there is a way via the API to limit, but if you don't use G+ you might miss it.
- somehow with the recent gmail update, it lost the format awareness so that on sync what was earlier sent as firstname lastname was now sent as lastname, firstname - without some kind of indication for the sync tools. result? 3000 duplicates. Not sure what it means for people developing sync but might be useful to know

I tested and the above has fooled plaxo, funambol, and a couple other tools. It has fooled Gist too but at least Gist filed them as low value to i's easy to find them and clean up.
-iphigenie (February 13, 2012, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks a million iphigenie. I'll look into this and do extensive tests !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version