topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quickest way to open saved image file in Screenshot Captor  (Read 2708 times)

cathie28

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quickest way to open saved image file in Screenshot Captor
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:01 AM »
What is easiest way (fewest steps) to open a file (say, jpg) saved on disk, into the SSC screen?

To open ONE pic, must you ALWAYS 1st use "Create New Blank Image File," THEN "Add Image File As Object to Screenshot?"

Selecting a file (copying) from folder in Explorer, then Ctrl + V onto SSC blank object screen doesn't always seem to work correctly.

Seems like there should be a File menu option just to browse to a folder / image, select it & open in SSC w/ no other steps necessary.  I'm probably missing something.

For SEVERAL images, best way I found (so far) is create a New Folder in SSC, then copy / paste images from an Explorer folder into the SSC folder just created.  Then choose from the images shown inSSC's L pane.  Is that the best / easiest way to access / import MULTIPLE images into SSC?  So they can be selected quickly from the SSC left pane vs going back to Explorer folder time & again?

Thanks.

Thank.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quickest way to open saved image file in Screenshot Captor
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:48 PM »
You can drag images from anywhere into the left hand thumbnail view, and they will be copied to the SC screenshot folder (you can drag them out of there too).

The left-hand thumbnail panel is a complete explorer-compatible window.  You can drag in and out, copy and paste, right-click for context menu, etc.  Note that dragging in and out should always perform a COPY by default so you dont need to worry about doing a move by accident.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:04 PM by mouser »

cathie28

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quickest way to open saved image file in Screenshot Captor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Ooohhhh my!... never mind.  Thanks.  Silly me - I was trying to use the File menu commands - w/ inconsistent results (not sure what I did right one time & wrong the next).

Dragging or copy / paste a file or folder from explorer is much easier.  I see "create a new folder here" is also a choice from File menu.  "here" meaning, in the left thumbnail view pane.  That allows user to then rename new folder(s) in SSC thumbnail pane, if needed.

"What's all this about flea erections in China?" - Emily Litella