ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PowerArchiver today on BitsDuJour

(1/2) > >>

Innuendo:
One of the best archiving programs on the planet is available at BitsDuJour today at a steep discount. You have your choice of English-only and International versions. The International version has over 20+ translations translating both the program itself *and* the  help files.

They offer a true lifetime updates program (waves to Curt). When new versions are released you will be entitled to them free of charge. I've been using PowerArchiver since 2005 and nothing has been able to surpass it in my eyes.

Curt:
hmm... I first purchased a license for PA via Ashampoo!! It was of course very cheap and without lifetime license, I assume, but did include the extra extension for Outlook. Later the PA company offered me to upgrade to PA 2011 with a #lifetime# license for €8.73 EUR, but the cart did not include the extension. Or maybe I just didn't understand how to do. I upgraded but have not (yet) installed any of them..., so I don't know if the Outlook thing will be accepted by version 2011 and newer.

I am surprised that you are so pleased with PowerArchiver. Being sold via Ashampoo, even if only for a day, I thought it would turn out to be something a la PowerDesk from Avanquest... So your recommendation is a pleasant surprise to me, Thank You!, Who knows, one day I might even install the program!

Edited: Oh, I misread the confirmation email. The Outlook plug-in is free.

Innuendo:
Well, to be honest, I never knew about the affiliation with Ashampoo until I was reading the comments on BitsDuJour. That's a very weird arrangement. I am not sure what it was supposed to accomplish. Hopefully, they'll refrain from doing business with that questionable company in the future.

The Outlook plugin (and the command line program) are free to registered users. I think there are nags if you don't have a valid PowerArchiver license.

The way I understand things, though, is that now that you have "upgraded" from the Ashampoo version you are now a <cough> "real" PowerArchiver owner & you are entitled to lifetime updates/upgrades from here on out.

Only thing you might want to do, Curt, is check and see what version you have a license for. There are three different product levels and you have to own Pro level or above to get the Outlook plugin & command-line program free.

$13.98 is a pittance & a lot cheaper than when I bought the "old" version of PowerArchiver Professional.

rjbull:
The Outlook plugin (and the command line program) are free to registered users. I think there are nags if you don't have a valid PowerArchiver license.-Innuendo (February 09, 2012, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wish they made that clearer on the download page.

Curt:
my version is Toolbox without BitDefender, sort of a Pro+, the same as is offered today:

due to licensing restrictions today's PowerArchiver 2011 Toolbox promotin does not include BitDefender Internet Security. However, it can be purchased as a separate add-on via the PowerArchiver store.

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/powerarchiver-2011-toolbox/-Bits du Jour
--- End quote ---

But I already have BitDefender Total Security from another offer or giveaway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version