ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cthulhu Saves the World Pricing Blog Post

(1/1)

Renegade:
Here's an interesting post on software pricing for a game:

http://zeboyd.com/2012/01/12/cthulhu-saves-the-world-xblig-sales-data-since-the-price-drop/

I saw a video on the game, and figured I'd go buy it. I figured I'd pay up to $20 for it, but if it was more, then no. I love H. P. Lovecraft, and who doesn't love Cthulhu?

So, I find out it is only on Steam... So much for that.

But the price is dirt cheap. $1 or $3.

Anyways, the post...

For a baseline, before the price drop, we were selling about 20-21 copies of Cthulhu Saves the World a day on average on the XBLIG platform.

Here’s the first week of sales since the price drop (I left out the 4th because the price drop was only in effect for a short period of time that day). I’ve also posted a couple notes on relevant events that happened on specific days.

Jan 5 – 220 sales (96 trials) – First full day at 80 MS points
Jan 6 – 317 sales (106 trials) – Brief mention on Major Nelson’s podcast by e
Jan 7 – 188 sales (93 trials)
Jan 8 – 139 sales (85 trials)
Jan 9 –  97 sales (64 trials)
Jan 10- 127 sales (100 trials) – First day that the game is in the top 30 Top Daily Downloads for XBLIG since the price drop
Jan 11- 229 sales (152 trials)
--- End quote ---

Again, it's all about revenue, and not numbers of sales or percentages. Glad to see some people "get it". (The media mafia certainly don't.)

40hz:
So, I find out it is only on Steam... So much for that.
-Renegade (February 09, 2012, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1. Showstopper for me too. Too bad...

Lashiec:
It's also available on GamersGate, DRM-free.

Renegade:
It's also available on GamersGate, DRM-free.
-Lashiec (February 09, 2012, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! Thank you!

I don't really buy/play a lot of games, so I'm not really up on the different market places for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version