ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dopus 10 : Some question about it.

<< < (2/6) > >>

hulkbuster:
I'm no expert with changing folder layout format. I know it was very complicated in past versions, but I presume one of these options would work for you:

right-click a column header ->Select "More" at the bottom of the list.
Adjust your settings, click save; you then get these options
 (see attachment in previous post)
I presume the last option is what you want - but note that this might remove custom-default formats for e.g. music (maybe someone else could confirm that?)

Dopus FAQ thread on the topic here

EDIT/ I'm not actually sure what exactly they mean by a "layout"... :-\

EDIT2/ this FAQ guide might be better Folder Formats: Quick Guide
-tomos (February 09, 2012, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't understand that part can you please rephrase that , which column is that, i can't find that.
right-click a column header ->Select "More" at the bottom of the list.
Adjust your settings, click save; you then get these options

Thank you ,

tomos:
^ hmm...
you're using "List" view arent you - there's no columns in that view, so my instructions are useless :D

Try the 2nd link in my post above - will show you another route to get there

hulkbuster:
also the icon in the Tray icon is really bothering , i.e., when i want Dopus to exit the icon sits in the Tray icon, please see the picture.-hulkbuster (February 09, 2012, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
-4wd (February 09, 2012, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank 4wd, you are always their with every problem i come up with and you have all the suggestion their is available and something i can comprehend with, although i still can't get the folder view to be in View List and Sort it by Type: although same thing can be easily remembered by XYplorer and its simply light weight and versatile.

Achieving the same thing here at Dopus will make it more versatile compared to its installer size and service running in the background. Hoggind the memory and achieving something meagre simply looks useless. I think i will end up with unistalling this Dopus.

Why dont they make it versatile, hey Q-Dir does what i want it to do.
Any suggestion or outlook on this. i.e, Dopus.

4wd:
although i still can't get the folder view to be in View List and Sort it by Type: -hulkbuster (February 10, 2012, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean you want any lister you open to be in List view sorted by Type?

If that's the case, then:

a) Switch folder view to Details, you can do this by right-clicking on a blank spot in the lister, (ie. not a file/folder entry, button, border, etc), and selecting View->Details
NOTE: If you have Full Row select turned on then you need to right-click below the list of files/folders otherwise you'll just open the normal context menu.

b) Click on the Type column header to sort by Type
The Type column is normally one of the default columns after DOpus has been installed, if you don't have it then right-click on the Name column header and checkmark Type in the menu that appears.

Dopus 10 : Some question about it.  Dopus 10 : Some question about it.

c) Switch folder view to back to List, right-click in a blank spot and select View->List

d) Set as Default Lister

Any lister you now open will be in List view sorted by Type unless there is a saved layout for that particular folder.

NOTE: To be able to sort by a property, (Name, Size, Type, etc), in List view, the corresponding property column has to be visible in Details view.

eg. Details view on left doesn't have Type column, ergo, List view on right doesn't have Sort By Type option.

PS. @tranglos: I am going to delete that mp3....honest!  I'm just a bit lazy....there, it's finally gone (I didn't like it anyway - sorry) :)

hulkbuster:
although i still can't get the folder view to be in View List and Sort it by Type: -hulkbuster (February 10, 2012, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean you want any lister you open to be in List view sorted by Type?

If that's the case, then:

a) Switch folder view to Details, you can do this by right-clicking on a blank spot in the lister, (ie. not a file/folder entry, button, border, etc), and selecting View->Details
NOTE: If you have Full Row select turned on then you need to right-click below the list of files/folders otherwise you'll just open the normal context menu.
b) Click on the Type column header to sort by Type
The Type column is normally one of the default columns after DOpus has been installed, if you don't have it then right-click on the Name column header and checkmark Type in the menu that appears.
 (see attachment in previous post)   (see attachment in previous post)
c) Switch folder view to back to List, right-click in a blank spot and select View->List
d) Set as Default Lister
Any lister you now open will be in List view sorted by Type unless there is a saved layout for that particular folder.

NOTE: To be able to sort by a property, (Name, Size, Type, etc), in List view, the corresponding property column has to be visible in Details view.

eg. Details view on left doesn't have Type column, ergo, List view on right doesn't have Sort By Type option.

PS. @tranglos: I am going to delete that mp3....honest!  I'm just a bit lazy....there, it's finally gone (I didn't like it anyway - sorry) :)
-4wd (February 10, 2012, 11:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for this pointers with the pictures it is really helpful and that is what differentiate you with the other donation coders , with your selfless act and a willingness to help people, i feel i have a little bit of me in you in regards to .

Thank you 4wd: and please be around.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version