ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dopus 10 : Some question about it.

(1/6) > >>

hulkbuster:
Although i have been  using Dopus for few weeks and although i am not a great fan of it or any other explorer for that matter but once in a while i realize its great to have them, so i install Dopus 10 and one thing i am really bothered is the way i want the folder of any drive to look the way i want i.e., File View in List and Sort by Types and i want this setup to be permanent in every folder i view and next time i logg in the PC or Restart the PC i want Dopus to remember that setup can i do that also the icon in the Tray icon is really bothering , i.e., when i want Dopus to exit the icon sits in the Tray icon, please see the picture.

Although i would like some suggestion as to which versions have been well durable and stable in all these releases of Dopus.

Curt:
You only #think# you want it to exit, but actually you don't!... .  :P sorry!
The reason is of course that DOpus takes up very little resources, when it sits in the tray. If closing it also was exiting it, you would complain that it was too slow launching. Anyway, it has "exit" two places; one in "File", and one in the tray icon's right-click menu.

Consumption when closed to tray:

BTW: I am not a fan of DOpus, merely a user.

hulkbuster:
I know that the icon sit in the tray but that's not the issue i want Dopus to exit once i close it from the Interface and once its closed i dont want the icon sitting in the Tray....i do know right clickin it and exiting it again is something i already know.

tomos:
I'm no expert with changing folder layout format. I know it was very complicated in past versions, but I presume one of these options would work for you:

right-click a column header ->Select "More" at the bottom of the list.
Adjust your settings, click save; you then get these options

I presume the last option is what you want - but note that this might remove custom-default formats for e.g. music (maybe someone else could confirm that?)

Dopus FAQ thread on the topic here

EDIT/ I'm not actually sure what exactly they mean by a "layout"... :-\

EDIT2/ this FAQ guide might be better Folder Formats: Quick Guide

4wd:
also the icon in the Tray icon is really bothering , i.e., when i want Dopus to exit the icon sits in the Tray icon, please see the picture.-hulkbuster (February 09, 2012, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version