ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Foxit Reader (fast pdf reader alternative)

<< < (2/6) > >>

JoTo:
The best feature of FoxIt-Reader for me is, that it has not being installed in any way. Just copy the files somewhere and start it.

I carry it with me on my thumb drive and I'am always prepared to read a PDF Manual or sth. like this when i'm on a foreign pc.

CU
JoTo

f0dder:
Hm, how can I tell when FR is updated? The page always seems the same, and I haven't been able to find a "news" or "changelog" anywhere. Might just be me who's dull.

Darwin:
What I like about it is that it is solid when used as the default reader in your webbrowser. Acrobat Reader 7 locks up often when used to view pdfs on-line.... I haven't encountered this problem in a month of using FR, and I frequent a lot of academic journals on-line and read the content from within my browser.

Black Mamba:
# Off topic

You could also try the switchless installer (works in normal way, too) of Adobe Reader made by RyanVM: it has all updates integrated and the size is "only" 21.1 MB.   :Thmbsup:

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/

f0dder:
The switchless installer still needs *insstall* though, and it's large - eek :(

I hope Foxit will have performance & compatibility bugs ironed out with time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version