ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Foxit Reader (fast pdf reader alternative)

(1/6) > >>

superboyac:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/foxitreader/

For those of you that find Acrobat reader bulky and slow, try this baby out.  It's fast!  I just found out about it, so I don't know if it's old news or what, but I like it.

f0dder:
I've been using Foxit Reader for a while (included on my unattended set up CD, and default handler for .pdf). It's certainly a lot smaller and leaner than Acrobat (Reader), unfortunately it crashes with a few PDFs (especially when trying to print), and it is *VERY* slow when rendering more complex files (like PC magazine or whatever) - plus it does no page caching, so if you flip back/forth between two pages... eek :)

But all in all, it's pretty nice.

lanux128:
yes, i'm having the same problems as f0dder but with each updates it is becoming more robust eventhough now & then it chokes on pdf files with embedded quicktime movies but credit to the author, he's constantly upgrading the program despite having other commercial programs on his hands...

in short, worth a shot... :Thmbsup:

Rover:
agreed... I tried Foxit for a while and thought it was great at first.  It works well for small, NORMAL pdf.  Unfortunately, if you view a lot of pdfs, you'll hit a lot of abnormal ones that kill the fox. Bummer, it'd be nice to have a solid alternative to the BLOATED, updated every 45 days, SLOW Adobe reader.  :o

AbteriX:
On my standard PCs i have AR installed.
FoxitReader cames to work on test-pcs just to read manuals, and for that issue FR works great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version