topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 7 Days of Free Downloads from VideoBlocks.com  (Read 18075 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
7 Days of Free Downloads from VideoBlocks.com
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:01 AM »
https://www.videoblocks.com/freeclips/

banner_img.jpg

DOWNLOAD FROM 50,000+ CLIPS OF VIDEO, MOTION BACKGROUNDS,
SOUND EFFECTS, PRODUCTION MUSIC, and MORE!

*Limit 20 Downloads per day (140 Downloads over the 7 days)*

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 7 Days of Free Downloads from VideoBlocks.com
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42 AM »
I took this offer, but apparently didn't read the small letters. February the 14´th the company charged my account $79, probably because I didn't cancelled my subscription in time? They did so without notifying me in advance, and I have not later received any kind of receipt. I only know about it because I borrowed this laptop in order to check my bank account's balance.

>:(

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Dispute the charge with your credit/debit card issuer, Curt. You'll get the money back without any trouble. If you do run into difficulties let me know. I used to be in that business (credit cards/banking....not fleecing customers :D).

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36 AM »
ouch

If I had known this I would have certainly posted about that part of things

:(

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:58 AM »
rules must be different in different countries; my bank has told me quite clearly that such experience is my fault only and that there is nothing they can do about it, except pay. I gave the credit card informations, and didn't stop my subscription in time: Pay and smile, and maybe learn.

Edited:
I have now checked my VideoBlocks account: I have downloaded files AFTER the seven days were gone. I would say that is enough to prove my "guilt".
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:04 AM by Curt »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Curt, actually those rules are MasterCard's and Visa's. They aren't country-dependent, but....since you utilized the service after your 7 day trial then yes, that's proof you 'approved' the charge. :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:14 PM »
I consider it extremely disreputable that a company would do that and apply such a charge without a huge warning that the free period was over.

Curt I would not give up so easily -- dispute it, complain loudly, yell and scream.

That is really unacceptable -- and if they really do insist on that charge sticking I suggest everyone who reads about this thread stay far away from VideoBlocks -- this seems like very sneaky bad behavior to me.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:32 PM »
Curt I would not give up so easily -- dispute it, complain loudly, yell and scream.

@Curt - Maybe you have some recourse under your country's equivalent of a consumer protection agency?

FWIW - I really though about giving that offer a try, but something about the website, and the way the terms were worded made me a little suspicious that this was one of those businesses that might really push the envelope on what they can legally get away with. When I checked the Ripoff Report and Complaints Board websites I saw enough to confirm my suspicions.

Sorry you got bit by them. :(
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:39 PM by 40hz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38 PM »
Like Innuendo says, if you used a credit card like mastercard or visa, and not a bank debit card -- you can complain to them -- they can be pretty good about disputed stuff.

But more importantly -- try to get hold of someone at videoblocks, let them know how upset and tricked you feel, and about how you are going to warn everyone never to use their site and spread the word on some popular computer forums!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:44 PM »
But more importantly -- try to get hold of someone at videoblocks, let them know how upset and tricked you feel, and about how you are going to warn everyone never to use their site and spread the word on some popular computer forums!

Not a bad idea. Just don't be surprised if they pull a DMCA slap move or threaten a website with something to get your comments taken down. Something most sites will now do fairly automatically. It's becoming a very common tactic. I've had criticisms of various companies disappear from blog comments and web forums in the past. And in two cases, where I very politely (and privately via PM) complained about it to the site owners, all it did was get me kicked off their sites without further explanation or elaboration.

Welcome to the new reality of the web. :tellme:

NikkiVB

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Curt,

We are not out to trick anyone and are more than happy to refund you for the monthly membership. Please email me at [email protected] in reference to this post, so we can proceed with the refund process.

Thank you

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Nikki, thank you for your post here.  Sometimes we can get a little over eager when it comes to "protecting" our members and may be too quick to throw around accusations.  I apologize if I jumped the gun accusing you guys of bad behavior.

When someone posts telling our members about a service on our forum (as stephen did with VideoBlocks), we feel a little responsible to look out for them when they use it, and I was just trying to encourage Curt to let you guys know that he didn't feel good about what happened.

I think it speaks very well of your company that you took the time to reach out to Curt here.  Speaking as an observer it gives me a good feeling about VideoBlocks  :up:

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Curt,

We are not out to trick anyone and are more than happy to refund you for the monthly membership. Please email me at [email protected] in reference to this post, so we can proceed with the refund process.

Thank you

Certainly restored my respect :)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 09:39 AM »

I am very impressed with this level of accommodation for a customer, especially since he used the service after his trial expired you are still willing to process his refund. Kudos to you & your company. I only wish all companies were so reasonable.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Curt,
A refund has been processed back to the card that was billed, please allow 2-3 business days for the funds to post back to your account.
-email from Nikki VideoBlocks
:up:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08 AM »
This email is to inform you that we have refunded the amount of $79.00 back to your payment method originally used on order number 2xxx4, which was originally purchased on 02/11/2012 01:32am for the total amount of $79.00.
:up:  :up:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 10:10 AM »
Thank you all, for your part in this refund.  :-*

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:24 AM »
@Curt -  :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 11:49 AM »
one for 40hz:

Discworld is a flat disc that rests on the backs of four huge elephants which are in turn standing on the back of an enormous turtle as it slowly swims through space. In the book Small Gods, the question "what does the turtle stand on?" is asked, and gets the reply "It's a turtle, for heaven's sake. It swims. That's what turtles are for."

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 04:26 PM »
due to my recent Vista crash, I lost all the videos from VideoBlocks. But now VideoBlocks is repeating the offer! This time the campaign is aimed at church leaders etcetera, (via eStudySource), but the content is the same. Also, they have written what I failed to notice from the beginning, that they will give you back your money if you forget to cancel in time. Again, you cannot download more than 20 files per day; it is not "50.000", but "max 140 of 50.000"

https://www.videoblo...dySourceReligion0312

Just create a username and password*, and you get download access to everything on VideoBlocks.com for 7 days. You can download 20 clips per day.

*To ensure one login per customer, we require a credit card to sign up for an account on VideoBlocks.com. However, you will not be charged anything for your 7 days of complimentary access. After 7 days you will automatically be charged if you do not cancel your account, but we will happily refund you if you forget.

VideoBlocks.com is only giving this complimentary access to a limited number of users, so start downloading now:

Get Your 7 Days of Complimentary Downloads
-VideoBlocks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:35 PM by Curt »

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 05:19 PM »
due to my recent Vista crash, I lost all the videos from VideoBlocks. But now VideoBlocks is repeating the offer! This time the campaign is aimed at church leaders etcetera, (via eStudySource), but the content is the same. Also, they have written what I failed to notice from the beginning, that they will give you back your money if you forget to cancel in time. Again, you cannot download more than 20 files per day; it is not "50.000", but "max 140 of 50.000"

https://www.videoblo...dySourceReligion0312

Just create a username and password*, and you get download access to everything on VideoBlocks.com for 7 days. You can download 20 clips per day.

*To ensure one login per customer, we require a credit card to sign up for an account on VideoBlocks.com. However, you will not be charged anything for your 7 days of complimentary access. After 7 days you will automatically be charged if you do not cancel your account, but we will happily refund you if you forget.

VideoBlocks.com is only giving this complimentary access to a limited number of users, so start downloading now:

Get Your 7 Days of Complimentary Downloads
-VideoBlocks

It may well be that they have added that extra bit due to this thread, if so, well done VideoBlocks, Well done! - That is how its done! - Maybe other sites who run offers like that will take this on board! (One can only hope ;D)