Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 02:40:37 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Svn Conflicts Backup - Redo your subversion conflict resolves  (Read 3066 times)
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »

After wasting my morning wrestling with subversion, in particularly this question:
Subversion reverting resolved file
If I was to make an error in a file that I have marked resolved is there a way to go back to having the file in it's original conflicted state without reverting all changes and reattempting the merge?
No, there is no automatic way to do that. If you want to be able to do that, you'll have to manually back up the .mine file ahead of time so that you can get it back if needed.

Well now you don't have you waste your time, you can redo your conflict resolves using the enclosed script. (included is the .ahk and .exe file). It's a bit spartan but the GUI will guide you throughu the process:

* Select working copy root
* Find all .working files
* For each .working file find all other extensions with the same filename (.merge-left.rXXXX  and .merge-right.rXXXX files and the actual file)
* copy these into a SvnConflictsBackup\<date>\<directory_structure>\file on your desktop
* Show Finished(remove) and Restore button
* Finish: exit and open backup folder for deletion by user
*: choose from all .working files and restore it and related files

When you are resolving conflicts, think of this utility and use it to back them up!

* SvnConflictsBackup.zip (371.9 KB - downloaded 123 times.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:31:05 AM by justice » Logged

Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »

Thanks, sounds useful to me Thmbsup (yes we do use SVN every day, about 40 projects/repos)

But the biggest drawback is I'd need to be reminded in time to make the backup embarassed

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:19:18 PM »

hehe anything you can think I can do to help with that? smiley

Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »

hehe anything you can think I can do to help with that? smiley
Nope.
I'll probably have to put a big warning sticker on the monitor instead of the brand-logo, that says "BACKUP THE BACKUP" in red on white, hopefully that's enough tellme

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:55:31 AM »

If you want to play with the latest source, you can now fork from Bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/svandragt/svnconflictsbackup

I'll keep posting executable releases in this topic when they're available.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.059s | Server load: 0.23 ]