ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is WinZip still worth updating?

<< < (14/15) > >>

wraith808:
They bought the talent, but they did not make use of it. They bought the developers, shut down their studios, and kicked all of the 'talent' to the proverbial curb.
-Innuendo (February 13, 2012, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not... exactly true.  They made mistakes (and have acknowledged it) in these acquisitions.  But most of those mistakes were those of one-size-fits-all management.  They didn't cut the talent- the talent fled because of bad management of acquisitions.  That's why the current EA has each of these as separate studios that have their own management and culture, i.e. BioWare, DICE.  Hopefully they've learned something, and can balance the needs of making money with those that they serve.

aurelius:
Guess I'm pretty slow but I have winzip and winrar. I updated to winzip 16 this last time out of habit and for the email options. No real reason but I support the development and I should be breaking even any time now. ))

RobC:
I had Winzip 8 (paid for), but was using 7z instead.
I accepted their offer to upgrade to 15.5, mainly to get the self extracting exe creator.
Then I discovered that it is incapable of presenting the recipient of my exe, with a nice simple extract here dialog.
I am so annoyed, that I will never upgrade again.
And I still am using 7z

Carol Haynes:
7z also has a self extract option - check the help file.

Tinman57:
So now Winzip's on v16 and they want me to upgrade from my 15.5 license. They're trying to tempt me with a freebie WinZip Courier license.
-oblivion (February 07, 2012, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your using version 15.5!!!  I'm still on version 10.0 and it does everything I need it to do on my XP mochine (sic).  I also have 7Zip, probably an outdated version, but I only use it for a few compressions that Winzip don't handle....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version