ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is WinZip still worth updating?

<< < (4/15) > >>

40hz:
I dropped WinZIP for the same reasons App did. I also owned a so-called lifetime license. And like her, I didn't appreciate being lied to - or threatened. FMOFMAYH! ;D

I stick to non-proprietary compression schemes and now use 7zip for everything. It works quite well for my modest needs.

About the only complaint I have with it is there's no button or link so I can send it's developers a contribution. There's nothing on the 7zip website for that either.
 8)

app103:
About the only complaint I have with it is there's no button or link so I can send it's developers a contribution. There's nothing on the 7zip website for that either.
 8)
-40hz (February 07, 2012, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Visit this page from time to time, just in case they change their minds and are willing to accept donations.  ;)

40hz:
 8)
-40hz (February 07, 2012, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Visit this page from time to time, just in case they change their minds and are willing to accept donations.  ;)
-app103 (February 07, 2012, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do. Every upgrade. But still no luck.  ;D :P

oblivion:
I gratefully accept the opinion of, er, every contributor here that WinZip's not worth wasting more money on.  :)

cranioscopical:
When WinZip moved from 9.0 to 10.0 they asked everyone to pay again. I didn't and continue to use my old 9.0 version-app103 (February 07, 2012, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Same here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version