ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

gaotd - XYplorer 10.80 2/6/12

(1/2) > >>

cmpm:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/xyplorer1080/

kunkel321:
Have been tinkering with it.  It looks pretty cool.  It has dual-pane functionality, which it didn't in the past.
I'm also an xplorer2 user.  I'd guess that the above (pro) version of XYplorer is more powerful than the Lite version of xplorer2, but the paid (pro) version of x2 is more powerful than the pro version of XY.  Price-wise I think that XY retails for $70 (I don't know what the upgrade policy is).  x2 is $40, but an additional $30 if you want the free lifetime upgrades--hence the prices are similar.    Anyhoo...  Other folks may evaluate the comparisons differently, but no matter which meets your needs better, you can't beat the GAOTD price of $0.   ;)

Innuendo:
I strongly recommend anyone who has ever wondered if there was a better way to manipulate and manage files than Windows Explorer to pick this up today & see that there is an easier way to perform any file management tasks that one could imagine.

However, anyone who has delved into the customizability of Total Commander or Directory Opus is not going to satisfied with this one, but these are advanced file managers for the tweakers, perfectionists & OCD-prone who demand the most powerful tool(s) for a job. XYPlorer (and xplorer2) are great intermediate level file managers that will satisfy most, sane people.

Midnight Rambler:
After installing on a flash drive and configuring it, have found this version to be a suitable alternative to Powerdesk 7, a file management utility I've used for a long time.  Kind of glad also to no longer patronize Avanquest, marketer of Powerdesk.  

Thing about these GOTD programs though as I'm sure many of you have found, is that they can't be reinstalled after a system trash.  Have also found that the reg codes on some programs have mysteriously vanished due to over-aggressive registry scrubbing; my fault I guess.  Best action, of coarse, is to just buy the program at a discount which is often offered.

rgdot:
Thing about these GOTD programs though as I'm sure many of you have found, is that they can't be reinstalled after a system trash.  Have also found that the reg codes on some programs have mysteriously vanished due to over-aggressive registry scrubbing; my fault I guess.  Best action, of coarse, is to just buy the program at a discount which is often offered.
-Midnight Rambler (February 06, 2012, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 Been weary of taking advantage of GOTD offerings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version