topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dock launchbar on side, edit, save, dock leaps to top  (Read 7337 times)

RoseW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dock launchbar on side, edit, save, dock leaps to top
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:55 AM »
This launchbar commander fits the bill for replacing the slow loading 7stacks taskbar popup menu.
I had no difficulty editing the sample menu including in yesterdays install of current launchbar.

The issue is each time I save an edit the bar located on the right side of the monitor pops back up to the top edge.
I could grab the edge of the bar and drag it back but eventually this didn't work and I started using 'toggle bar' from the right click menu. It takes about three clicks on that command to have the bar go back to the right side.
Perhaps its not truly docked on the right side since it doesn't hide or slide if those choices are checked.
The hiding and sliding isn't that important since I chose transparent and no border which is perfect when on the right side; not so great when across the top.

If the bar is sent down to the launch area so that only the icon is displaying all the bar choices are available but change out of that and it pops up to the top.

I couldn't find any specific configuration in the preferences/options to designate position of the launcher bar
I do not have it configured to start up when windows at this time.

My system is Windows 7Professional 64bit  4 core 8ram

Is there a recommendation or configuration to keep the bar on the left?

RoseW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dock launchbar on side, edit, save, dock leaps to top
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:12 AM »
This is the contents of the ini file at the moment. The bar is on the right side at the moment

[Treeform.MainProperties]
acSplitterPanelMain.SplitterPos=450
CheckBoxRemind.Checked="false"
EditLastVersion.Text="1.129.01"
FormPlacement="0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,735,248,1379,988"
TBXMRUList.Items=text:"C:\Users\Rose Weir\Documents\DonationCoder\LaunchbarCommander\MyFirstLaunchBar.mcf$0D$0A"
TBXToolbar1.CurrentDock="TBXDockMain"
TBXToolbar1.DockPos=-1
TBXToolbar1.DockRow=0
TBXToolbarMain.CurrentDock="TBXDockMain"
TBXToolbarMain.DockPos=-1
TBXToolbarMain.DockRow=0

Rose

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Welcome Rose  :up:

That is very odd behavior.

HOWEVER,

I do see that I have a newer version I apparently haven't uploaded yet and the changelog says:
v1.130.01 - December 26, 2011
  • [BugFix] Captions were showing temporarily on submenus configured as toolbar buttons, when switching between them.
  • [BugFix] Docks (typically multiple docks) were forgetting whether they were docked or floating.
  • [AdvancedFeature] You can now configure a node with submenus to be a "Treat as tool button" menu, which will make one submenu the active button at any given time, with bottom choices to switch.

So perhaps the beta will fix your problem:
https://www.donation...arCommanderSetup.exe

Can you try it and let me know?

RoseW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Wouldn't you know that as soon as I make a report the bar proceeded to stay on the right edge.
I did return to the edit and put a narrow border on the edge of the transparent column and changed its action from normal to auto hide
plus included 'start up with windows'
Restarted this afternoon and the launchbar icon was down in right corner of the taskbar, click and it popped up to the right edge; that was a first and a pleasant surprise.

Question 2

Now when that horizontal bar is on the right side is there supposed to be LaunchBar Commander icon in the main taskbar?
When I hover over it now there isn't a pop up displaying a background with a small representation of the horizontal row of icons. This was the case  previously when the column wouldn't hold its position so it seemed to me like it was in an 'open, active but in background' situation(like when any software is when hidden or reduced to the taskbar in Win7.

This monitor, of course, is a huge 1920 x 1080 landscape so to use up any of the vertical space is not desirable and that is why I preferred a side position.

This is really an admirable product and I've barely begun to explore its possiblities.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Now when that horizontal bar is on the right side is there supposed to be LaunchBar Commander icon in the main taskbar?

no.  when it is docked you should not see any taskbar icon.  It sounds like maybe you have multiple docks?  try the v1.30 beta download and see if it helps.

RoseW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 04:01 PM »
I have just downloaded and will test out the new version.

Thanks for the input.

I just posted my 'simple but efficient' bar in the 'post your desktop bar' topic <grin>

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 04:06 PM »
That's the spirit!  :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Can you check to see if it's fixed in newest beta: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30108.0

RoseW

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Downloaded and installed....
Previously when you replied suggesting I had two instances running....which contributed to the docking jumping side to top...you were correct.
Clicking on the desktop shortcut icon did have two instances running when I checked the task manager.

On this new install if I clicked on that desktop icon it just activated my current right hand side dock.
I removed that desktop shortcut so I wouldn't click it by accident in the future

To date the launchbar has been extremely responsive but if I have other windows open that are close to that edge it hesitates a bit before it displays the folder associated with the menu. Some software when on full screen  goes into that launch bar area so there is a bit of a conflict and I have to be crafty with my mouse cursor

Overall, everything is fine and the update installed smoothly