topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: LBC Hotkey Question  (Read 6345 times)

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
LBC Hotkey Question
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:58 PM »
I set one of my nodes to display a folder containing spreadsheet files I use frequently.  I set it to 'Divide Letter Groups' which I like the looks of and it makes it easier for me to focus to the sheet I want.  Anyway, I decided to also add a hotkey to have the node pop up at the cursor.  Works like a charm. Except my XYPlorer file manager is also popping up at the same time. Opening a new tab in XYP focused to the same folder.
I tried different hotkey combinations to see if I might have used one identical to one of the XYP combinations.  Doesn't seem to be it.  Whichever combo I try I get the same results.

Running on XP Pro SP3.  I have XYP set to minimize to the system tray on close.

I looked through the pdf user guide and a quick search through the forum and didn't come across anything that seemed similar.  No time at the moment to go back through the videos.

What setting have I missed that will prevent the XYP window from also coming up at the same time?  :tellme:

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:06 AM by bob99, Reason: changed from ...set to minimize to the task bar to system tray »

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LBC Hotkey Question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:19 PM »
In case it had something to do with XYPlorer being the default file manager and minimizing to the system tray setting, I turned off both settings and closed XYP.  Tried my LBC hotkey and the same thing is still happening.  Except it is displaying windows file manager in place of XYP.

@mouser any suggestions on what I'm missing?

Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Hmm..

are you saying that no matter what hotkey you set, it triggers your xyplorer? so if you set hotkey for the node to be like ctrl+alt+J, then hitting that brings up the LBC menu but also xyplorer.  and furthermore that if you disable the LBC hotkey, hitting ctrl+alt+J does not trigger xyplorer?  let me know if this is the case as that would mean LBC is somehow triggering xyplorer directly..

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Hmm..

are you saying that no matter what hotkey you set, it triggers your xyplorer? so if you set hotkey for the node to be like ctrl+alt+J, then hitting that brings up the LBC menu but also xyplorer.  and furthermore that if you disable the LBC hotkey, hitting ctrl+alt+J does not trigger xyplorer?  let me know if this is the case as that would mean LBC is somehow triggering xyplorer directly..

Yep, that's correct.
I had set ctrl/shift/s to bring up the folder list/node.  LBC brings up the folder contents list at the cursor location like it is supposed to but also brings up XYP at whatever location or monitor I had last closed it from.  Since my original post I have turned off the minimize to tray option in XYP.  So when it closes it closes.  Double checked with process explorer.

Disabled the hotkey in LBC, pressed ctrl/shift/s and nothing happens with LBC or XYP.  Enable and try it again and up pops both.  So it is also starting XYP fresh. Not bringing it up from the tray.  I've looked at each of the configuration screens for this node and there are no references to XYP anywhere in any of them.  And don't even have XYP in this launchbar.
Just an FYI, I tried changing to two different LBC hotkey combinations to bring up the folder list and the same thing happens.
Which probably shoots my next thought out of the water.

I don't have XYP in the launchbar now, but I did have some while back. Just looked again and it's not even there and just disabled with the checkbox.  Back when I did, can't remember, but I may have had it set to activate on the same hotkey.  Even though I deleted it from the launchbar, could there still be something somewhere in an old settings file that didn't reset or it's somehow seeing?  When I set the ctrl/shift/s to open the folder I want the screen said the combo was available.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:32 AM »
ok but can you try with different hotkey values, and check that the exact same thing happens no matter what hotkey you use, whether its Ctrl+Shift+S or alt+j, or whatever.  this is the key thing i need to know.

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 01:15 PM »

Misunderstood.  I had tried other combos BUT all had included Ctrl.
Here's a rundown of the last test:

ctrl/shft/j    folder + xyp
ctrl/alt/j      folder + xyp
shft/alt/j     folder only
shft/j          folder only
ctrl/j           folder + xyp
alt/j            folder only
ctrl/win/j     folder + xyp
alt/win/j      folder only
shft/win/j    folder only

Ctrl seems to be the problem.  I'll stay away from using ctrl as one of the hotkey combos.

Thanks,

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 01:21 PM »
how strange.. i wonder what is going on..

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 01:30 PM »

Did an additional "just in case" test by disabling XYP as being the default file manager.
Got the same results as above but with Windows Explorer popping up instead of XYP.
Wanted to make sure it wasn't an XYP induced problem. 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 02:06 PM »
ah that's interesting.. so LBC is telling explorer to open a folder, in addition to showing it as a menu.. that should be fixable.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Can you check to see if it's fixed in newest beta: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30108.0