ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Universal Marker

(1/3) > >>

Contro:
Universal Marker
When we have to mark a pdf (colouring the text like in the old student times) we can use any pdf editor
In the web and under FF with wired-marker or many other addons.
In a doc with a text processor
Obviously is not so easy to mark in a txt file, or in a html set downloaded to our pc.

How can I mark a HTML file downloaded ?

I am thinking in an application specially designed to mark all types of files or possibilities. The first care I supposed must be the position of the file in the pc (if you change the folder). I suppose is possible with an auxiliary database to control all marks.

Do you know any application with universal purpose or for some types of files ?

Best Regards

Curt:
I have never heard about an application for this speciality. You asked two or three questions: One about html files: well, any html editor can do that, and another question about universal or at least "some" file types - I guess you mean text-based files: WordPad or any other Rich Text editor. But they might change the original format. If the file is not a text file, you can use almost any screen capturer's picture editor, but obviously only on a picture copy of the original "thing".

Ath:
Guess he's looking for a text marking tool like these but not limited to webpages, but all kinds of applications/files.

Contro:
I have never heard about an application for this speciality. You asked two or three questions: One about html files: well, any html editor can do that, and another question about universal or at least "some" file types - I guess you mean text-based files: WordPad or any other Rich Text editor. But they might change the original format. If the file is not a text file, you can use almost any screen capturer's picture editor, but obviously only on a picture copy of the original "thing".

-Curt (February 05, 2012, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah Curt. Perhaps I am asking a some sort of internal database (or even a database in the cloud like some addons prepared to mark the web and share those marks)

I remember a trial : Xentient Labels

http://xentient.com/

http://xentient-labels.softonic.com/

but seems a project abandoned.

I think that project put the marks independly of the file. Only for mark file names in explorer. A sort of database control I suppose.

When you mark a book or a file you personalize.
In the case of the book is relatively easy delete the mark if were made with a pencil....
In the case of a file is simple made a copy of the original.....
Perhaps you want to have the ability to decide read/send with marks or not.
Or mark directly a simple txt file. Obviously that txt file will not be read with marks from other pc, unless you convert to doc or rich text.
 :-\

Contro:
Curt. Thank for the html advice. I don't knew any html editor can do.
Obviously FF is a simple viewer.
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version