ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Pause/Break hotkey sometimes blocked by other programs

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
Do you mean that VirtualBox is blocking Pause/Break for FARR, similar to my experience with Revo Uninstaller?
-Scott_Y (February 04, 2012, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.

I presume you have Alt + Space enabled in FARR Settings > Hotkeys.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I set that to test it.

Scott_Y:
Add Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free to the list of programs which block the Pause/Break hotkey.

klsgfx:
Just to let you know, that you are not alone ^_^
I usually use Executor instead of FARR with Pause as hotkey. Under WinXp everything's fine. Using Win7 64Bit for example Totalcommander and Navision block this hotkey. So, I guess it is nothing what could be solved in FARR - I strongly think Win7 is the curse - sorry cause.

Scott_Y:
I finally noticed the pattern to this problem. Not surprisingly, it is related to User Account Control. (I am using Win 7/64, but it almost certainly applies to Vista as well. It was not a problem in Win XP.)

In every case the offending program requires approval of the UAC message "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" The problem disappears if UAC is turned off (set to "Never notify"), which confirms that it is associated with UAC.

Questions:
1. Can other users confirm this pattern?

2. Does anyone know how to run the offending programs without requiring this UAC approval every time? I have experienced it with CCleaner, Revo Uninstaller, and Paragon Backup & Recovery, and it is reasonable that programs of that type would require higher security permission. But I also have the problem with two text-based database programs which are no security threat at all. In any case, I would like to permanently approve these programs so they can run without specific UAC approval. (I am using an Administrator account.) Thanks.

Scott_Y:
2. Does anyone know how to run the offending programs without requiring this UAC approval every time? ...
-Scott_Y (February 15, 2012, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
This has been recommended to me, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Let me know if it works for you.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version