ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Adding text to an image

(1/2) > >>

rgdot:
Initially thought this may have a place in coding snacks but not sure if it fits so I am just opening the thread in General Software.

Using an offline tool, user provides an image (like soccer pitch jpg attached) and chooses a combination of rows and columns (4, 3 or 4, 4 etc.) then a list of names (perhaps a csv list provided by user or even a manually entered one) that are dropped one by one into the cells to output a jpg.
Exaggerating a bit, may be this is like a watermarking tool but one that supports more than one string.

Any ideas? TIA

Adding text to an image

Curt:
only almost

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29823.msg277108#msg277108 Image Mapper $5

rgdot:
Thanks, will use it (or may be other image mapper?) if nothing else is found. Imagemagick might be an option too

IainB:
Umm, I think this could probably be done quite easily - and nicely - via ScreenShot Captor, using text objects. They are quite flexible to use. You wouldn't need to provide a combination of rows. Just type the text in, to either opaque or transparent objects - (say) 1 object for each column - then align the column objects and their text and scale the text to fit using the font size. I'm a relatively novice user of SSC, so I suspect there could probably be even better ways of doing it in SSC if you were an experienced user.

rgdot:
Thanks, trying it tomorrow, haven't really used SCC much but this possibility and some of the newer features mouser has added make it even more intriguing and attractive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version