topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Screenshot Captor 3 - Window Object and Scrolling Capture Screencast Videos  (Read 160159 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Third problem -- I went back to my old technique, defining the region myself with the cross hairs and the dragging, but the capture didn't automatically get put into the clipboard as it used to do before I updated the software.  This is the problem that I really need to solve -- I can live without the scrolling feature.

I'm a bit responsible here having recommended the upgrade :)

The easiest way I know to change this, is using the "Quick Capture Bar" - which auto-hides on the top of the screen (it's top-middle here). Move mouse to edge of screen to show it (if not there, it's the option top of the list on the tray icon's context menu).

Fourth button from the right on that bar:
"Select post-capture options (etc.)" > "Copy image to clipboard"

This is probably in the Preferences dialogue as well - but I do know there's a mountain of stuff in there :-)

Re the scrolling capture:
I'm not sure what's happening there - you could try the option to do a manual scroll. After you've selected "Begin a scrolling capture on this object" - the next window offers manual scrolling option.
Tom

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for trying to rescue me.  I think that new menu-dashboard-thingie popped up when I wasn't expecting it and I just batted it away like a pesky fly, so thanks for telling me how to get it back.

I hope someone can tell me how to fix the settings or else where to find the last version that put the current screenshot in the clipboard automatically so I can roll back.  Also I'd like to know how to hold onto my settings when downgrading.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I hope someone can tell me how to fix the settings ...

I told you how to in my last post - did you have a problem with the instructions?

The easiest way I know to change this, is using the "Quick Capture Bar" - which auto-hides on the top of the screen (it's top-middle here). Move mouse to edge of screen to show it (if not there, it's the option top of the list on the tray icon's context menu).

Fourth button from the right on that bar:
"Select post-capture options (etc.)" > "Copy image to clipboard"
Tom

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Oh.  I thought you said, "This is probably in the Preferences dialogue as well - but I do know there's a mountain of stuff in there :-)"  -- you did rescue me, I think, so that I can get the screenshots into the clipboard more easily; but my goal is for them to land there completely automatically.

Or did I misunderstand?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
but my goal is for them to land there completely automatically.

yes, those instructions above are for getting screenshot automatically copied to clipboard.
All options under that button are for what will happen post-capture:
post-every-capture :)
Tom

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I got it!

I didn't have the Quick Capture Bar, but I went into the Preferences -> Post-capture options and selected "File itself" under "Copy to clipboard".

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I got it!
I didn't have the Quick Capture Bar, but I went into the Preferences -> Post-capture options and selected "File itself" under "Copy to clipboard".

Hmm. For ages I have had things arranged so that
  • images captured by SC.
  • images captured by the Send to OneNote utility.
  • images capture by the PrtSc (PrintScreen) system utility.

- all go to the Clipboard (and CHS).

The odd one out is ABBY Screenshot Reader, which has several options on top of what the others seem to offer.
For example:
ABBY Screenshot Reader - option menu.png

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Which setting does the option "immediate capture, don't prompt with choices for scrolling capture" uses? (See picture)

It seems to just take a screenshot without even scrolling!

Would be nice to use the last settings, for example, automatically select the following on the upcoming windows:

• Begin scrolling Window Capture on this window
  • Start Stitching and Capture
  • Click guess margins 

Cheers

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Which setting does the option "immediate capture, don't prompt with choices for scrolling capture" uses? (This option appears when right click on the red frame on window selection)

It seems to just take a screenshot without even scrolling!

Would be nice to use the last settings, for example, automatically select the following on the upcoming windows:

• Click guess margins 

Cheers

-Filipe Meira Castro (October 08, 2017, 06:03 AM)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Yeah the option is just for people who never want to do a scrolling capture -- it just captures whatever windows object you select.  So it is as if you automatically always selected option 1 after you did an Object capture.

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the feedback Mouser :)

It would be better to have the "Capture Window Object"  and the "Capture Scrolling Window" as separate things.
Scrolling already has lots of things for people to think about!! ;)

And then it would be nice to have that option that would automatically save previous settings and automatically do the following:
  • Click guess margins

I mean, once the settings are done, it would be nice not to have to do the same steps all over!

I guess the best would be to have profile setting for each target app, but maybe that's a lot of work, so having a save button to store default settings would do the trick for people who want to target only one app

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Yes you have a good point.  When I implement the new hotkey system it will be easier to let user add custom hotkey for scrolling capture.