ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 3 - Window Object and Scrolling Capture Screencast Videos

<< < (3/8) > >>

nsathishk:
The only reason I have other screenshot capture tools installed is for scrolling captures.  From my experience as an application tester, I find that each tool captures of a couple of simple setups well for which they seem to have been designed and fails miserably in all other cases.
I tested the new enhancements in screenshot captor v3 against some of the most difficult setups I had to deal with in my job and can  confidently say screenshot captor does scrolling capture *better* than other free and commercial screenshot capturing tools (including snagit which uses a IE plugin for Internet Explorer capture which screenshot capture was able to best by guessing settings correctly even for pages with frames!)

A couple of suggestions:
1. Just like the rest of screenshot captor, there needs to be an (non-default) option for taking screenshots with minimal intervention - an option for always taking scrolling window capture (3) auto-guessing margins and overlaps after selecting the object & ctrl+click
2. Even the vertical (right) side) scroll bars can be trimmed - not sure if it was designed and didn't work only for me

peterlonz:
It's hard not to acknowledge the design & dedication that went into this program.
IMHO however, the chances that anyone using the program infrequently, could accomplish a satisfactory result, within modest effort & time constraints is extremely unlikely.
Sure, if you have a need to do this frequently, you might well get close to Mouser's skills, but otherwise forget it.
I quite often wish to copy multi-page datasheets that display on my browser in .pdf; most times only part of the first page is visible so you need to scroll for info.
Copy-paste generally does not work otherwise I would create a new pfd file in Word.
So I generally settle for "copy page", which is a Chrome option that seems to work, although I always end up re-opening to check!
This is at least intuitive.
I hoped Screen Capture would provide a one step alternative but so far no joy.
I can't say (unlike most here) that I found the video easy to follow either, because my V3 does not behave like the video.
This is getting all to hard except for the straightforward applications.

Josh:
First, do not take my comments as detracting from the power that SsC brings. SsC is a great tool with a lot of power, my comments only refer to the scrolling capture functionality and are not meant as a detractor to the rest of the application.

I agree with nsathishk in that there needs to be a simple way of performing a scrolling capture without having to tweak the options in place. I do a lot of capture for scrolling windows and use these captures for tutorials, documentation development, and a few other projects, and when I capture, I want it to be as simple as possible. 9 times out of 10, I do not want to tweak any options, I just want the tool to capture the window and provide me the option of saving or editing the capture.

I am also in agreement with peterlonz in that I need a simple option. There is a lot of power in the tweaking options, but to take a simple screen capture of a scrolled window, I haven't found a way to reliably capture a scrolling window in SSC. Browser windows, mirc windows, scrolling word docs, and some of the sources I use for tutorials or documentation purposes all result in "seams", overlaps, or multiple captures of the same area in the final product.

robbero:
I'm very very happy with the power of this great scrolling functionality. I do a lot of scrolling capture and noted in the past (using other software) that most software did not handle the scrolling capture very well. Almost no software does a correct scrolling capture in mozilla browsers. I often tried various software for a single scrolling capture screenshot to find out which one had the best output.
Now with these new functionality I have to say that I never used an other software for scrolling capture any more. SC has all in it.

Personally I don't have problems to pass every time the scrolling capture options but maybe there is a way to have two kinds of scrolling capture: Maybe mouser can separate them in automatic way / manual way. I don't know.

Contro:
Nice indeed. I have some sort of problems but I think are my fault. I keep trying.
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version