ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

a light-weight alternative to Print Shop Deluxe?

<< < (2/2)

patteo:
hi all,

i used to have an old copy of Print Shop Deluxe which i enjoyed very much. however, i'm having some problems with the new printer i bought recently so had a look at the newer version but didn't feel like spending so much...

therefore, i was wondering if there is a light-weight alternative to Print Shop Deluxe? I am open to suggestions... preferably, the app should be targeted at a medium to casual user with not too much hand-holding. ;)
-lanux128 (March 28, 2006, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a similar problem - I have Printshop Premier Deluxe V5.

But for some unknown reason, it takes forever to print some pictures. So I'm also looking for an alternative to Print Shop, preferably a freeware software.

Some wizards would be nice of course.

40hz:
You might want to try Serif PagePlus SE. It's very popular and has gotten a lot of good press over the years. It's free for the download. The publisher has provided tutorials with the software to get you going with minimal fuss.

The website also has a collection of free design templates if you're pushed for time or looking for inspiration.

There's also a version of PagePlus with some additional features available for about $10. Most people find the free edition more than adequate. My Mom's retirement club uses the free edition for everything.

Main link: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/pageplus/

Feature page: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PagePlus/key_features.asp

Note: Serif also has free versions of its drawing, photo edit, web, 3D, and panorama software available. If you like PagePlus, why not check out the rest of the Plus SE series while you're there? :Thmbsup:

patteo:
Thanks for the suggestion 40hz.

I guess if your mom's retirement club uses the free edition for everything, it is as good an endorsement any software can get for ease of use. Just like the Good Housekeeping seal of approval.

I gave it a 5 minute test and the user interface looks friendly enough.

Thanks once again. Another problem solved by the great donationcoder community.

cranioscopical:
A little late to the party but this is on Giveaway of the Day today, September 20th 2009.

Easy Flyer Creator - A Desktop Publishing Software that help you
 Design Create Print Flyers, Brochures, Leaflets, Certificates, Photo Frames,
 Tickets, Door hangers from templates in just 5 minutes!
--- End quote ---

Worth a look since it's free

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version