topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CODERS: READ IN and POST HERE  (Read 13350 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
CODERS: READ IN and POST HERE
« on: April 29, 2005, 12:18 PM »
If you are a programmer who might be interested in fielding some requests for quick applications in the Coding Snack section, you might want to make a little post here talking about the kinds of apps you would be most interested in doing.

Any programs you code will be hosted by us as freeware and we would be happy to put a link back to your site and include a direct click link to let people make a donation to you.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:35 AM by mouser »

db90h

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
  • Software Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Bitsum - Take control of your PC
    • Donate to Member
Re: CODERS: Post Here
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Hi,

I'm a C++/asm programmer. I primarily create low-level code for the win32 platform. In addition, I am 'into' compression and Portable Executable tools.

If I see a good idea that can be coded in a short amount of time, I'll jump on it.

Jeremy Collake
Bitsum Technologies
http://www.bitsum.com

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CODERS: Post Here
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Hi,

I code in C and C++ mostly, sometimes in asm, and in perl if need be.

I'm not much of a GUI coder, and mostly work on command line applications and libraries for other coders.

So, in the rare event of a request for a command line tool or something not requiring much GUI coding, I might give it a shot :Thmbsup:.

Jørgen Ibsen
www.ibsensoftware.com
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 02:53 PM by Jibz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CODERS: READ IN and POST HERE
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Although i occassionally do some coding in perl, my language of choice is C++.

I use visual c++ for making small exes that don't use gui much, and C++ Builder for heavy GUI tools.

I would probably enjoy using C++ Builder more for these requests, since i can make a full windows gui very quickly with it.

I like making tray-based tools, so if you have a system tray request that would probably be something i'd be interested in.

I'm not very good at graphics, so things that require moving images and stuff is probably not my cup of tea.
Commandline tools are ok, though i know there are some other coders here who are hardcore efficient commandline coders so maybe i'll leave those requests for them.

-mouser

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 01:45 PM »
At the next Coding Snacks, we will add an optional link with any coding snack freeware, that coders can use to link to their own paypal donation button.

So if you are a coder who wants to write some freeware for coding snacks, and would like people to donate to you if they appreciate your program, go register at paypal or amazon or whatever, and we will host your freeware and add the link so people can easily donate to show appreciation for your program.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 01:46 PM »
good idea.

Dragonrider

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Hi:
I used to be a systems administrator who has always been interested in automating what is normally done manually (installing programs, system setups, etc.).  My preferred language is a scripting language called AutoIt v3.  It can also do GUI type programs as well.  My 1 drawback is that I'm a slow coder, but I'm certainly interested in doing Coding Snacks.  So if you have small programs I can do, give me a holler.   :)

chr15

• Site Programmer
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
  • Everything in life is a gamble
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Hi,

I have been known to code in many [High / Low / Script]  [level / based] programming languages,
for assorted types of projects both large and small, independant and team based development
environments.

Below I have listed my preferred languages for different types of applications, I am quite fortunate
that I have a broad range of experience on many languages, which gives me the luxury of choosing
the best language for the task.

For win32 GUI/console applications my preferred programming language of choice is Delphi.

For dos (16bit) applications my preferred programming language of choice is Pascal/C.

For linux console/CGI applications my preferred programming language of choice is C.

For web based script languages applications my preferred scripting language of choice is PHP.

Preferred Relational Database Management System is Oracle/mySQL.

I prefer to design, resolve problems and then program the application.

Because my free times is fairly limited, I tend to pick and choose what I do.

Chr15

ps If you feel stressed, and just walk away for five minutes by the time you get back to your
desk, the stress would have subsided, and you are refreshed and ready for the new challenge :)