ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Hard Disk Sentinel PRO - Mini-Review

<< < (7/9) > >>

IainB:
A post from the future   :o
(It's still 16th here)
-rgdot (September 16, 2012, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, the date is in NZT - which is +12hrs ahead of UTC (GMT/Zulu), and +16hrs ahead of NYT.
(NZ is not far off the International Date Line.)

Mind you, that's nothing compared to my Thai wife who was born in 2517!

IainB:
Just made a few updates to the Opening Post: Updated application interface shots (added more) and amended some notes/format.

tn_dang:
Special Cyber Moday offer: Hard Disk Sentinel Professional with 55% OFF

Promotional price: EUR 12.60 / USD 15.75 (retail price: EUR 28 / USD 35)

This deal is available until 26 Nov 2012, 11.59 pm (23.59) GMT

IainB:
Just to make a note that the new registry fix (DisablePerfCacheClear) to enable real-time performance monitoring to persist, as described in the EDIT 2012-09-17:, in the opening post, has worked fine. It does persist, and is stable and is still working effectively a few months on.
It has not been undone even after having gone through several critical Microsoft Windows Updates (Win7-64 Home Premium), so I guess the fix is as good as permanent. The previous registry fixes to enable the real-time performance monitoring did not persist  - they kept getting cleared in an ad hoc manner by the Disk Performance Cache being cleared by HDS, often after Microsoft Windows Updates and/or the registry being cleaned by CCleaner runs.

Signed: Happy HDS Pro user.    :)

IainB:
Was pouring over HDS reports whilst making a post in this discussion Re: How long do hard drives actually live for?

I had earlier noticed that the "Health" percentage had fallen from 69% to 60%, and went looking for the analysis.

Here is the overview as at 2012-02-03:

Here is the overview as at 2013-11-14:

Here is the latest problem analysis:

I distinctly recall at some stage banging the laptop accidentally against a door-jamb whilst moving it when it was still switched on. (Thus breaking one of my own rules about not carrying about an active laptop.) I also recall knocking it on my lap and nearly dropping it (whilst moving out of the baby's way.)
The analysis shows that a G-Sense event occurred around the date of the non-critical but unrepairable event #197 (Current pending sector count) appearing in the log. So, it looks like I did could have done this one myself. Sheesh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version